Sr. Backend Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2023
Across' purpose is to fulfill crypto’s potential by making blockchains more usable, more accessible and more efficient.
Who is Risk Labs?
Risk Labs is the foundation and core team behind the UMA and Across projects. UMA and Across are decentralized protocols governed by community members across the globe in DAOs, and are supported by Risk Labs Foundation. UMA's optimistic oracle (OO) can record any verifiable truth or data onto a blockchain.
Across is a cross-chain bridge for L2s and rollups secured by UMA’s OO.
We’re looking for a Sr. Backend Engineer to join the Across protocol team. You’d be working alongside top tier engineering talent, world class data driven decision making, and a team motivated to be an integral (read- winning bridge) for the exciting interoperable future that we’re racing towards! You’re a person who loves optimizing and building at the intersection of technology, finance, and data.
- Bots: write off-chain code to interact with smart contracts. Bot systems should have a high degree of correctness, efficiency, and antifragility. If you enjoy writing trading, arbitrage, or MEV bots, this role is for you. Expertise and passion here are required!
- Protocol Architecture: Research and develop protocol upgrades and new financial concepts. Across is always changing, and you will be asked to help evolve Across to encompass new use cases, technologies, and expand to more environments.
- Code Review and Mentorship: Write code in a highly collaborative open source ecosystem. In depth reviews of others’ contributions is expected with a focus on helping others grow their technical expertise.
- 3+ years full-time experience in Engineering at a software or financial services technology organization
- 3+ blockchain-based projects with bot infrastructure experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tech and write secure and high quality code
- Passion for blockchain technology, cryptonomic protocol design, game theory, and decentralized finance
Our tech stack: Typescript, Node.js, Solidity, web3, ethers, hardhat, React
Compensation and Benefits
- Pay packages include competitive salaries & meaningful token options.
- Salaries for this role range from $100-200k (USD), and your token allocation can grow with your voting rewards while you participate in the growing ecosystem.
- Will pay in stablecoins or fiat
- Philosophies for a culture that show we care: Take vacation when you need it, family care, training and development (just to name a few)
- 100% remote, which means we encourage you to create the work environment that you thrive in
- At least two team wide offsites a year
Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Risk Labs, the employing entity, is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplaces. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align- we encourage you to apply anyways. We value you taking the chance. Risk labs will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
1) We value each individual’s right to economic freedom
2) We value openness, honesty, and directness.
3) We value integrity.
4) We value iterative learning.
5) We value taking smart risks. We value creating an environment where everyone “does their best work”.
Why do we love working at Risk Labs?
We are a group that's aligned with the ethos of the crypto industry and doing our best to make an impact for the industry and world at large. You’ll succeed with Risk Labs if you’re a self-starter, kind, adaptable, and passionate about making an impact. Risk Labs is a values driven team that strives to create an environment where we can do our best work, and succeed. We're building products that we believe in, and continuing to strive for innovation and growth. Both personally and professionally we support each other to create a happy, healthy, and inspired team vibe, so we can remain motivated to build things the world needs and loves. We take pride in the fact that we are at once family-friendly as well as nomad-friendly.
UMA's optimistic oracle is a decentralized truth machine for Web3- yes, that’s a bold and very exciting statement. We’ve build a solid foundation, in terms of the team, the technology, and the products, and the road map ahead is one full of exciting technical challenges, growth, and telling our story to the world.
Across is the Bridge Ethereum Deserves. The more people know, the more they love us for being the fastest and most capital efficient bridge. The interoperability space is early, and it’s anyone’s game-we’re here to win.
Still want to know more?
- Our team blends a mix of highly-sought engineers, and a diverse business team to showcase their high quality tech. Our international and fast-growing team includes a diverse background of experiences and has drawn world class talent. We have a great network of supportive investors from groups like: Placeholder, Blockchain Capital, Bain Capital, Coinbase, Dragonfly... to name a few.
- Teammates take the time off that they need and support each other to be their best selves- we care about your wellness.
- You will not get bored with Risk Labs. We are constantly developing, building, experimenting and evolving. Yes we try to allow people to focus on their specific product areas, but things are always shifting and evolving. There’s no right answer and we’re all just doing our best!