Sr. Decentralized App Developer
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
UMA Purpose: UMA is the canonical source of truth that blockchains use to verify real world data.
UMA Vision: UMA enables any verifiable truth to be recorded on-chain, trustlessly.
Who is Risk Labs?
Risk Labs is the foundation and core team behind the UMA and Across projects. UMA and Across are decentralized protocols governed by community members across the globe in DAOs, and are supported by Risk Labs Foundation. UMA's optimistic oracle (OO) can record any verifiable truth or data onto a blockchain.
Across is a cross-chain bridge for L2s and rollups secured by UMA’s OO.
Where do you fit in?
We’re looking for a Sr. DApp Developer to join the UMA protocol team. You’d be working alongside top tier talent to expand UMA’s protocol beyond the truth machine that it is today, to be the leading innovative oracle for all the bespoke and flexible needs our industry has! While this role requires a breadth of knowledge across the stack, the frontend will be the core area of focus. So, if you have a wide range of expertise, but your primary passion is frontend work, this role is for you!
- Frontend Development: Bring our frontend designs to life as interactive applications using the latest technologies, tools and practices.
- Backend: Write a combination of serverless functions and subgraphs that integrate with the Ethereum blockchain to support our frontend applications.
- Smart Contract Interaction: understand smart contract development and how to interact with them.
- SDKs and Clients: Implement, test, and audit open-source client libraries that are used to interact with UMA smart contracts.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years full-time experience in Engineering at a software or financial services technology organization
- 1+ years full-time experience on a blockchain-based project, with knowledge of smart contract development
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tech and write secure and high quality code
- Passion for blockchain technology, cryptonomic protocol design, game theory, and decentralized finance
Compensation and Benefits
- Pay packages include competitive salaries & meaningful token options.
- Salaries for this role range from $100-200k (USD), and your token allocation can grow with your voting rewards while you participate in the growing ecosystem.
- Will pay in stablecoins or fiat
- Philosophies for a culture that show we care: Take vacation when you need it, family care, training and development (just to name a few)
- 100% remote, which means we encourage you to create the work environment that you thrive in
- At least two team wide offsites a year
Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Risk Labs, the employing entity, is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplaces. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align- we encourage you to apply anyways. We value you taking the chance. Risk labs will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
1) We value each individual’s right to economic freedom
2) We value openness, honesty, and directness.
3) We value integrity.
4) We value iterative learning.
5) We value taking smart risks. We value creating an environment where everyone “does their best work”.
Why do we love working at Risk Labs?
We are a group that's aligned with the ethos of the crypto industry and doing our best to make an impact for the industry and world at large. You’ll succeed with Risk Labs if you’re a self-starter, kind, adaptable, and passionate about making an impact. Risk Labs is a values driven team that strives to create an environment where we can do our best work, and succeed. We're building products that we believe in, and continuing to strive for innovation and growth. Both personally and professionally we support each other to create a happy, healthy, and inspired team vibe, so we can remain motivated to build things the world needs and loves. We take pride in the fact that we are at once family-friendly as well as nomad-friendly.
UMA's optimistic oracle is a decentralized truth machine for Web3- yes, that’s a bold and very exciting statement. We’ve build a solid foundation, in terms of the team, the technology, and the products, and the road map ahead is one full of exciting technical challenges, growth, and telling our story to the world.
Across is the Bridge Ethereum Deserves. The more people know, the more they love us for being the fastest and most capital efficient bridge. The interoperability space is early, and it’s anyone’s game-we’re here to win.
Still want to know more?
- Our team blends a mix of highly-sought engineers, and a diverse business team to showcase their high quality tech. Our international and fast-growing team includes a diverse background of experiences and has drawn world class talent. We have a great network of supportive investors from groups like: Placeholder, Blockchain Capital, Bain Capital, Coinbase, Dragonfly... to name a few.
- Teammates take the time off that they need and support each other to be their best selves- we care about your wellness.
- You will not get bored with Risk Labs. We are constantly developing, building, experimenting and evolving. Yes we try to allow people to focus on their specific product areas, but things are always shifting and evolving. There’s no right answer and we’re all just doing our best!