Member of Technical Staff, Core Experience
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
At Anchorage Digital, we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in New York City, Sioux Falls, Porto, Lisbon, and Singapore. For our colleagues not located near our beautiful offices, we encourage and sponsor quarterly in-person collaboration days to work together and further deepen our Village.
Core Experience builds foundations that other teams can use, but we also use those foundations ourselves by having a vertical integration into the system. Being part of our team means you can improve any part of our system, and you have impact across every team.
We have created the Factors of Growth & Impact to help Villagers better measure impact and articulate coaching, feedback, and the rich and rewarding learning that happens while exploring, developing, and mastering the capabilities and contributions within and outside of the Member of Technical Staff role:
- Create and maintain shared services and libraries that are used across our entire constellation of micro-services.
- Improve our code base by refactoring bottlenecks, reducing feedback loops and simplifying APIs.
- Develop user friendly APIs.
- Review other developer’s code to ensure consistency, reduce errors and share context across the engineering team.
- Dive deep into complex, ambiguous problems, formulate flexible and pragmatic solutions.
Complexity and Impact of Work:
- Able to work either independently or as a lead engineer on a team to deliver features.
- Foster an efficient deterministic testing culture, with an emphasis on minimizing tech debt.
- Capable of breaking down large projects into smaller tasks, and help the team navigate the ambiguity of the space. Articulates effectively the different options considered, analyzes trade-offs, justifies and recommends priorities.
- Ensures that knowledge is shared amongst the team and does not position themselves or others as a single point of failure.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Core Experience team and other teams at Anchorage Digital.
Communication and Influence:
- Able to mentor engineers on the team within their area of specialization or domain, and helps others understand the strategic goals of Anchorage and how their work relates to these
- Able to communicate with different people, with different contexts and expertise.
You may be a fit for this role, if you:
- You have a deep appreciation for code quality and test infrastructure.
- You prioritize end-user experience and business over the latest tech
- You have developed “computer science fundamentals”, i.e. concurrency, algorithms, and data structures (Formal CS degree NOT required).
- You have real world experience building complex distributed systems.
- Believe software engineering is a team activity and enjoy collaborating every single day, learning from and mentoring others.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- Have GraphQL API design and implementation experience
- Have gRPC API design and implementation experience
- You feel comfortable diving down the stack and into open source projects to root cause a bug.
- In your mind the word “crypto” stands for cryptography, not cryptocurrency.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data-informed. All full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: €85,000+ - this salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required. ****We partner with third party firms annually to verify equity, cash, benefits, and perks benchmarks.
- Benefits: Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market-leading benefits and perks to our employees. We are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees globally.
- You can learn more about our culture and perks and benefits here.
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported, and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage Digital considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. “Anchorage Digital” refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, Anchorage Digital Bank National Association, an OCC-chartered national trust bank, or Anchorage Lending CA, LLC a finance lender licensed by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, License No. 60DBO-11976, or Anchorage Digital Singapore Pte Ltd, a Singapore private limited company, all wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs, Inc., a Delaware corporation.