Financial Systems and Data Analytics Lead
Accounting & Finance, Data Science
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
At Anchorage Digital, we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in New York City, Sioux Falls, Porto, Lisbon, and Singapore. For our colleagues not located near our beautiful offices, we encourage and sponsor quarterly in-person collaboration days to work together and further deepen our Village.
The Financial Systems and Data Analytics Lead role is responsible for working cross-functionally to design, implement and maintain systems to address financial data analytics and process automation needs, including internal tool development and implementation of third party tools.
In this role, you will identify data analytics and reporting solutions to help automate accounting entries and reconciliations supporting month-end close, implement impairment and mark-to-market calculations for crypto activities, and facilitate the creation of key financial reports. To accomplish this, you will partner with accounting, FP&A, HR and other cross-functional team members to implement automated solutions as we continue to enhance the accounting organization’s control environment, support the company’s growth and prepare the company for an eventual successful IPO.
This role requires dexterity due to the variety of data analytics projects and governance responsibilities you will undertake to support accurate and timely monthly reporting as well as the completion of the annual financial audit. This role will also have the opportunity to engage with key stakeholders from Engineering, Data Platform, and Data Governance on broad data management topics, and conduct ad-hoc data analytics projects to support business strategy and financial analysis.
We have created the Factors of Growth & Impact to help Villagers better measure impact and articulate coaching, feedback, and the rich and rewarding learning that happens while exploring, developing, and mastering the capabilities and contributions within and outside of the Financial Systems and Data Analytics Lead role:
- Utilize advanced competency in SQL, Python, or other data query and analytical tools in order to evaluate data and make data-driven suggestions.
- Build business intelligence and data visualizations using applications such as Looker, Power BI, or Tableau.
- Lead database design, including understanding complex data schemas, and data extraction.
- Perform detailed and data-intensive reconciliations with disparate datasets, preferably in the financial sector.
Complexity and Impact of Work:
- Lead the design and implementation of automated solutions for accounting reporting and reconciliations.
- Develop a deep understanding of the data schemas and data models for financial data from multiple sources, including production databases, blockchains, and spreadsheets.
- Develop dashboards, reports, and a data warehouse solution to address business information requirements
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the processes that currently exist and recommend, document, and implement Netsuite configuration changes and other future automation opportunities and integration with the ERP to extend Netsuite functionality and leverage industry best practices.
- Work cross-functionally to leverage or develop automated tools/data to automate JE postings into the accounting system.
- Coordinate with other Corporate Function System teams (e.g., the People team on the HRIS, Carta) to manage dependencies and ensure integrated data flow across systems.
- Prepare and deliver regular reports on automation and financial data analytics activities to management
- Perform ad-hoc analytical projects and provide insights and recommendations to management regarding business strategy and financial performance.
- Have a deep knowledge of the strategy of Anchorage Digital and its various business lines. Actively engage with different groups to work on understanding historical transactions as well as requirements for executing on go-forward global strategy.
- Collaborate with other leaders across Finance as well as cross-functionally to establish plans for executing on business needs and promote a shared understanding of the needs of Anchorage.
Communication and Influence:
- Able to communicate complex issues clearly and credibly across a wide range of audiences.
- Articulate a clear strategy for your function and communicate across the company effectively.
- Build effective relationships and rapport with stakeholders, including other team managers, cross-functional partners, and external partners.
- Communicate, organize, and execute on cross-team goals and projects, utilizing relationships and resources cross-functionally to solve problems.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- A bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business, Computer Science, Statistics or related field.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to synthesize complex information into actionable steps.
- Advanced competency in SQL, Python, or other data query and analytical tools.
- Competency with business intelligence and data visualization applications such as Looker, Power BI, or Tableau.
- Experience with database design, understanding complex data schemas, and data extraction.
- Direct experience performing detailed and data-intensive reconciliations with disparate datasets, preferably in the financial sector.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, the month-end close process, and financial statements.
- Familiarity with accounting systems such as Netsuite, SAP, or Oracle.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You've kept up to date with the proliferation of blockchain and crypto innovations.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data-informed. All full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: $155,000 - $215,000/yr - this salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required.
- Benefits: Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market-leading benefits and perks to our employees. We are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees globally.
- You can learn more about our culture and perks and benefits here.
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported, and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage Digital considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. “Anchorage Digital” refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, Anchorage Digital Bank National Association, an OCC-chartered national trust bank, or Anchorage Lending CA, LLC a finance lender licensed by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, License No. 60DBO-11976, or Anchorage Digital Singapore Pte Ltd, a Singapore private limited company, all wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs, Inc., a Delaware corporation.