Forward Research is the firm focused on incubation & adoption activities for the Arweave ecosystem. Arweave is the protocol that enables the storage of any type of data in a permanent, immutable way. Permanence is crucial when storing digital information that is unique, incredibly valuable, and that simply should never be inaccessible. Companies using Arweave to store their data include Meta, Instagram, Metaplex and many others. Around 90% of all NFT’s on the Solana blockchain are stored in the Arweave network.
With over 100 investments completed in the last 20 months, Forward Research is the most active provider of funding and support in the Arweave ecosystem. We incubate only the best founders and builders in the space, and only back projects that are working on cutting edge web services enabled by Arweave.
We are looking for an outstanding Operations Associate to join our small and highly selective team. We have offices in Berlin and New York, but are a remote-first company.
As Operations Associate, you will be joining the extremely fast-paced Ops & Finance team and will lead multiple business operations projects involving portfolio monitoring activities, community and event management, facilities management and investment management.
We don’t spend time on low-return activities. Every project we work on is truly important and has a large impact on our operations. If selected, you’ll take on real responsibility from day 1. If you are ready to take on this challenge, we want to hear from you.
- Provide administrative support to Management and C-Level, and become a bridge between them and the other teams within the firm;
- Perform research and market analyses for potential products and services;
- Support Marketing, Finance, HR and Legal with ad hoc projects that require leadership;
- Create, maintain and optimize business workflows and procedures;
- Become a key person in the implementation, performance and documentation of internal controls;
- Manage teams and the logistics, facilities and organization of international conferences, summits and industry events;
- Support in raising awareness of the Arweave product and curate the relationships with more than +100 ecosystem projects.
What you bring:
- Exceptional problem-solving skills;
- Excellent organizational skills,
- Highly polished verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Up-to-date knowledge of blockchain technologies and the industry;
- 1+ years of experience in fast-paced environments with a focus on business operations and/or people operations;
- Strong skills with Microsoft and Google Workspace apps (Excel, Google Sheets, Google Slides, etc.)
- Highly proactive attitude, can anticipate the needs and requests of multiple stakeholders;
- Systems thinker with an eye for things that do not scale and the capability to design new processes and systems for implementation across programs;
- High emotional IQ and great situational awareness,
- Previous experiences at a leading venture capital firm or accelerator are a big plus.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package, including professional development stipends and holiday allowance;
- Top notch hardware and software tailored to your needs, including Macbook Air M2 or Pro;
- Flexibility to work fully remotely and to travel while you work;
- Support and opportunity to create your own project/company and have it funded by us.
How to apply:
Please send an email to email@example.com with your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile. Also, share three podcasts you normally listen to.
Arweave is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes applications from everybody.