DevOps System Administrator
About the job
BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. Founded in 2013, BitGo pioneered the multi-signature wallet and is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. Active in both centralized and decentralized finance, BitGo offers market-leading trading, lending, and borrowing services through its prime brokerage services and acts as the custodian for WBTC, the leading global stablecoin for Bitcoin. In 2020, BitGo launched BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes approximately 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions and supports over 600 coins and tokens. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 1500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many regulated entities and the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking for an IT Specialist to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware, and networks while providing support for a global staff of employees and contractors. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly and also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. Your goal will be to ensure that our staff's IT experience runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Install and configure software and hardware.
- Manage an IT help desk and technology tools.
- Provision accounts and configure & deploy workstations.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Ensure security policies are followed.
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models.
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies.
- Maintain an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies.
- Follow our change management process.
- Other IT-related responsibilities as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
BitGo is looking for people who are passionate about their craft, have pride in their work, take full ownership of their work and projects, and believe in a transparent and collaborative culture with the goal of making BitGo successful.
- Proven experience as an IT Specialist, IS Technician or similar role.
- Experience with endpoint deployment, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management.
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery.
- Ability to create scripts in Ansible, Python, Perl or other languages and software.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms, specifically Google Workspace, Slack, JAMF, MacOS, and Ubuntu.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with monitoring systems.
- Able to analyze and prioritize incoming requests and alerts.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Self-motivated and research-driven.
- Available off hours for urgent requests and weekly IT meetings.
- BS/BA in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline is a plus.
- Professional experience (Jamf, Atlassian, Slack, Google Cloud).
- Familiarity with information security controls frameworks and standards (e.g., SOC 2, ISO 2700X, NIST 800-53)
- Customer service experience.
- You are a huge fan of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies would be a plus!
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem-solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive salary
- Meal & Commute allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Hybrid working model
- IT equipment support for work
- Great/Talented workforce to learn and grow with
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you'll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.