Senior Software Engineer, Go Network
Software Engineer, Go Network
BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. Founded in 2013, BitGo pioneered the multi-signature wallet and is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. Active in both centralized and decentralized finance, BitGo offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services through its prime brokerage services and acts as the custodian for WBTC, the leading global stablecoin for Bitcoin. In 2020, BitGo launched BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes approximately 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 600 coins and tokens. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 1500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many regulated entities and the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help continue refining our new Settlement product. As the most trusted name in digital assets, we are uniquely positioned to serve a best-in-class Settlement product: BitGo processes a significant amount of cryptocurrency transactions, including 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and our integrated platforms integrate with a number of leading exchanges, agencies, and governments around the world.
- Design,build, and support strong, resilient, and robust APIs, libraries, and services to power our settlement product
- Own functionality and scalability features from inception through deployment and customer integration
- Expose and document functionality to the UI, third-party developers, and our internal and external tooling
- Collaborate closely with all engineering teams and product managers to ensure consistency in understanding of technical requirements and overall work quality
- Support and collaborate with partners and clients integrating with our products
- Provide mentorship to your peers in the broader engineering team through code reviews and education on best practices
Skills & Experience
Our vision is to deliver trust in digital assets. The Settlement team will establish much-needed bridges between clients and partners where counterparty risk, capital inefficiency, and manual processes have slowed progress towards meaningful institutional adoption. In other words, the product you are building will facilitate the next wave of institutional investment into digital assets, propelling the broader crypto and web3 ecosystems forward.
As an early member of the Settlement team, you’ll be tasked with shaping and delivering both the APIs and user interface that serve our clients and partners. We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, transparency, taking ownership, high level of craftsmanship and always think about the clients.
- At least 3 years of back-end, server-side software development
- Strong experience with server-side languages like TypeScript/Node.JS, Golang, etc.
- Strong experience with SQL databases like Postgres or MySQL
- Confident with RESTful API design
- Experience with unit and functional testing and debugging
- Experience with microservices and service-oriented architectures
- Experience in Git/GitHub and branching methodologies, code review tools, CI tools, etc.
- Great at algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with inclusion in on-call rotations for system support
- Experience in Financial Services and/or Financial Technology
- Experience with asynchronous programming
- Experience with functional programming
- Experience developing or supporting financial accounting systems, such as general ledger and bookkeeping functions
- Experienced in development of integration tests and end-to-end tests
- Familiarity with digital asset trading, lending, and/or wallets
- Ability to work full-stack and familiarity with React
- Experience with large-scale, real-time, and distributed applications
- Experience working with clients and/or business partners
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or another technical discipline from a top university
This role is onsite in the Bangalore office, India.
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive salary
- Meal & Commute allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Hybrid working model
- IT equipment support for work
- Great/Talented workforce to learn and grow with
Blockchain technology is redefining the financial services and internet landscapes. Join us and be a part of the team building the financial infrastructure of the future.