Accounts Payable Manager
BitGo is the market leader in institutional-grade cryptocurrency investment services providing security, compliance, and custodial solutions for blockchain-based currencies. BitGo is the world's largest processor of on-chain bitcoin transactions, processing 15% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and $15 billion per month across all cryptocurrencies. The company has over $2 billion in assets in wallet, and a customer base that includes the world's largest cryptocurrency exchanges and spans more than 50 countries. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo is backed by Craft Ventures, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
The Accounts Payable Manager will report to the Controller. The responsibilities include Accounts payable, general ledger, payroll, financial reporting and GAAP compliance in a startup that needs to formalize accounting procedures, controls and compliance with GAAP.
- Own the Accounts Payable function; reconcile AP payments and outgoing cash
- Own the reimbursements function
- Involvement in the payroll and reconciliation process
- Update and maintain accounting journals, general ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions: disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable
- Reconcile records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers
- Be part of a team that creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close, reporting and business processes more efficient and accurate
- Comply with local, state and federal financial regulations
Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of experience and proven record of providing accurate and timely accounting and clerical support to the accounting department: accounts payable, general bookkeeping
- Deeply skilled with GAAP, details, accuracy, numbers, record keeping, data entry, data processing
- Deeply skilled in using various accounting systems: Netsuite, ADP, Expensify,, Excel and Google Sheets
- Degree or relevant certification in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Great teamplayer, communicator and listener
- Passion for detail, accuracy and all things numbers
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- 5% 401k company match
- Generous paid parental leave
- Generous paid vacation
- Free commuter/parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.
- Benefits may vary based on location.
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending upon your leveling and location, the compensation for this role averages between $100,000 - $130,000 USD base salary. Equity, an annual performance bonus and the benefits outlined below are also a part of this role's package.