Fund Administration Associate
Bitwise Asset Management
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
It’s not very often that a new asset class is born. But that’s exactly what we’re witnessing today with the rise of crypto. Over just the last four years, crypto has evolved from an embryonic $50B market to a young-but-growing $1+ trillion market today. At Bitwise, we think it’s just getting started. In fact, we believe crypto has reached a turning point, and is headed north of $10T over the next few years. Along the way, we expect there to be risks, pitfalls, and uncertainty—much like there was during the rise of the Web, of cloud computing, and of apps. But we also expect there will be great opportunities, and millions of people wanting to participate in the potential upside.
Our goal at Bitwise is to help busy investors understand and access the opportunities emerging in the cryptocurrency asset class. We want all those who so desire to be able to come along for the ride in a secure and simple manner, and to be able to benefit from the role crypto exposure can play in pursuing their investment objectives.
Today is an exciting moment for Bitwise as a firm. In 2021 we crossed $1B in AUM and are growing quickly with a suite of leading crypto index funds spanning large-cap crypto assets (ticker: BITW), DeFi, NFTs, Metaverse, and more to come. We also created the index behind the world’s first crypto industry equities ETF. We focus on serving investment professionals, like financial advisors, family offices, hedge funds, endowments, foundations, and others—the people entrusted to look after the capital and savings of individuals and institutions across the country. We provide education, partnership, and professionally managed investment products tailored to this group’s needs, to help them build their view, pick their strategy, and get their exposure.
Currently, Bitwise is a close-knit team of 60+ professionals. Think of us as a mix of an asset manager and a tech start-up. Our backgrounds combine technology expertise with decades of experience in asset management and indexing, coming from firms including BlackRock, Wealthfront, J.P. Morgan, IndexIQ, ETF.com, Blackstone, Meta, and Google, as well as the U.S. Attorney’s Office. We’re backed by some of the most accomplished investors in venture capital and veterans of the financial services world. We love working together, we love what we do, and we’re excited about what’s ahead.
Bitwise is seeking a Fund Administration Associate with prior hedge fund experience, who will assist in the daily oversight of all accounting functions and the review and preparation of both regulatory and non-regulatory reports related to the Bitwise suite of funds. This position will report to the Director of Controls and Fund Administration. The ideal candidate will have at least two to five years of experience in Hedge Fund accounting and administration and a strong appetite to learn more about crypto. The Fund Administration Associate must be a reliable self-starter, possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills, and be comfortable dealing with various internal and external service providers. This position also requires an organized, efficient, results-oriented individual with robust critical thinking skills and strong proficiency in Excel.
What You Will Do
- Oversee NAV calculation and fund accounting activities, with a focus of review on Bitwise hedge fund products
- Review financial statements
- Help to coordinate the financial statement process and interfacing with legal and fund auditors to answer questions and resolve issues
- Assist in the preparation and review of regulatory filings such as SEC Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K and ADV
- Review daily, monthly, and ad hoc requests for fund information
- Calculate and facilitate payment of monthly management fees and performance fees and help to prepare summary reports and budgets for Senior Management
- Assist in the preparation of monthly Fund Performance Reports
- Help to improve our current review process (in Excel) and implement new operational efficiencies
- Special projects as needed, working closely with the Hedge Fund Solutions Group
Who You Are
- You have 2-5 years of fund accounting and administration experience
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with very strong Excel skills
- You have excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- You are highly motivated to succeed
- You are able to work independently and also as part of a team
- You have strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experience working with hedge funds and/or fund of funds (preferred)
- Prior crypto experience (preferred)
What We Offer
- Compensation: $100,000-$140,000 salary + equity
- Equity compensation as a component of all offers
- Health insurance, including dental and vision plans
- Health, Dependent Care, and Commuter Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-funded 401k plan, no matching required
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 paid company-wide holidays
- Office spaces in San Francisco and New York
- Meals and snacks provided in office
- Paid company cell phone or monthly stipend
- Bitwise “Buddy” Program (30 day new-hire success program)
- Annual birthday and anniversary gifts
- Company-wide events
Bitwise is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team of people with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. It is the policy of Bitwise to ensure equal opportunity. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
See more open positions at Bitwise Asset Management
Something looks off?