Own the marketing and communications function at Blockchain Capital to build a solid brand foundation and provide powerful and actionable communications that enhance the Blockchain Capital brand with both founders and limited partners. The second priority is providing marketing and communications support with select portfolio companies. Ultimately, this role is responsible for developing a desirable positions for founders and entrepreneurs. This is a full-time position, located onsite in San Francisco’s Jackson Square district (TBD).
Objectives & Responsibilities
- Build and manage strategic brand development at Blockchain Capital
- Blockchain Capital public relations, journalist/publication relationships, investor interviews, speaking engagements, podcasts, blogs, etc.
- Partnering with the investment team on content/point of view (POV) development and building their individual brands by identifying the best method for each partner and enabling them with the right resources.
- Blockchain Capital digital presence: develop strategy and implementation plans for the website, mobile experience, SEO.
- Blockchain Capital foundational materials: boilerplate, master deck, marketing materials.
- Blockchain Capital network cultivation events – founder gatherings, executive team member meetups.
- Portfolio company welcome, onboarding, and milestone experience.
- Agency identification, contracting, and management as required.
Portfolio Company Support
Partnering with portfolio company Founder/CMO/Head of Comms to ensure that the brand is seen and heard:
- Core communications – PR, social, thought leadership placement
- Funding accouchements
- Product launches
- Content placement – traditional press, blogs, podcasts, speeches at events
- Design events for Blockchain Capital ecosystem (partners, advisors, execs, investors, and others) – targeted dependent on purpose and group.
- Resource referral
- The best agencies for the brand, PR, and content.
- Executive referral for the brand, communications, and marketing hires with portfolio companies.
Skills & Experience Required
- A self-motivated team member who understands how to shape a story, deliver a message, and create a following.
- Well-versed in social and current communications tactics and best practices.
- A doer and balanced strategic thinker. Resourceful, creative, and results-oriented.
- Creative with an intuition for design and aesthetics.
- Trusted relationship builder and advisor – founders, their teams, journalists, agencies, investors, and more.
- Detail-oriented, thoughtful written, and verbal communicator.
- Consummate learner and current with evolving brand, communications, customer acquisition, and loyalty strategies and tactics.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with disciplined execution.
- Ability to influence and sell ideas.
- Desirable: Familiar with regulatory sensitivities associated with marketing Blockchain Capital
- Desirable: Venture Capital or Private Equity experience
- Desirable: Crypto and/or Blockchain experience
Compensation & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience (including potential for carried interest participation). Benefits include but are not limited to:
- 100% firm funded medical, dental, prescription, and vision benefits for you, your spouse or domestic partner, and dependents (if any)
- Health and Childcare Flexible Spending Account
- Short & long-term disability insurance
- Commuter benefits