Software Engineer [Go] - Rollkit
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2023
Celestia is the first modular blockchain network. By decoupling consensus from execution, Celestia enables anyone to easily deploy their own blockchain, without the overhead of bootstrapping a new consensus network. Blockchains on Celestia are free from constraints, making them scalable, sovereign, and secure.
About the Team
Celestia Labs is remote first and highly distributed, with English as our primary language for communication. We are looking for self-starters that are excited about working in a fast paced startup environment. We do not require employees to live in specific timezones, but much of the team lives and works in the European and US timezones. As such, employees are expected to be available as needed for team and company events that are scheduled. Generally these are scheduled between 12pm-5pm UTC.
Celestia Labs is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Rollkit team. You will be working on a framework for sovereign rollups and adding support for customizing its different components such as execution environments, sequencer schemes, DA layers, and proof systems. You will also be maintaining documentation and tutorials and guides for how to deploy rollups customizing these components for different applications.
- Flexible and remote work environment
- Competitive salary and meaningful long-term compensation package
- Stipends for home office and coworking space
- Full-team onsites twice per year and smaller-team onsites more frequently
- Budget for conference attendance and professional development
- 4 weeks annual vacation
- Contribute readable, well-tested, and well-documented code to Rollkit and related repositories
- Participate in technical discussions on issues and code reviews on pull requests
- Be a part of the feedback loop between technical specification and implementation
- Work with users and support them with debugging on various channels and ensure their success.
Who You Are
- A strong communicator with excellent technical writing and presentation skills, especially in a remote team setting
- Possess solid knowledge of coding, technical principles, and technical architectures, with at least 2 years of real-world experience as a developer or engineer
- Proficient in Golang, with experience in Solidity and Rust being a plus
- Experienced with building maintainable and well-documented codebases
- Experienced with open-source software development tools like Github
Nice to Haves
- Solid understanding of CometBFT or other consensus engines
- Experience with libp2p, IPFS
- Experience implementing Cosmos-SDK modules and applications
While experience in the blockchain space is preferred – having general excitement about web3 and modular blockchain technology is a must!