Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Blockchain Operations
Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer who will design, build and maintain Circle’s infrastructure estate to meet the growing worldwide customer base across multiple regions on public cloud providers. You will use your experience, knowledge, and skills to ensure Circle’s products and core systems are running consistently, reasonably, and in a performant manner. This is a unique opportunity to develop your skills, collaborate with cross-functional teams and continuously learn in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Join Circle and be a part of a fun, collaborative, and innovative team that is dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experiences.
What you'll work on:
- Support multiple development teams with an agile, responsive CI/CD platform to deliver high-quality builds with measurable performance and quality
- Build, maintain, improve, scale and secure cloud infrastructure and resources using IaC tools (Terraform, CloudFormation, Pulumi)
- Automate operational tasks via Go, Python and serverless solutions (AWS Lambda, Kubernetes Jobs)
- Design, manage and monitor Kubernetes clusters for multiple production workloads
- Driving forward our blockchain infrastructure by creating and managing blockchain nodes across a wide variety of blockchains that includes Algorand, Ethereum, Hedera, Flow, Solana, Stellar, Tron
- Participate in an on-call rotation to mitigate disruption for any production systems and conduct root cause analysis
- Plan and test disaster recovery scenarios for a highly available microservices architecture
- Collaborate with the Security team to create and maintain security-focused tools and frameworks and exert a top-class security posture
- Engaging and mentoring team members and helping grow and scale the team
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
Senior Site Reliability Engineer (III)
- 4+ years in DevOps or SRE roles, with a focus on tooling, automation and infrastructure on a major public cloud provider
- Proficiency with coding and/or scripting with the following languages (Python, Shell, Go)
- Solid understanding/experience on Shell/Bash
- You have at least 3 years of combined experience in building and maintaining CI/CD platforms and supporting agile engineering teams in building microservices
- Experience with
- Building Docker images and deploying containers in Kubernetes clusters
- Any modern CI/CD platform with seemingly complex gates and workflows
- Blue-Green, Canary, and A/B Testing deployment strategies
- Distributed blockchain systems, running and maintaining blockchain full nodes
- Database technologies (PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch)
- Migrating and transforming large, complex datasets from diverse sources, structures, and formats
- Data warehousing tooling and services (Airflow, AWS DMS, Snowflake)
- Knowledge of networking routing, DNS, load balancing, and edge networking
- Knowledge of APM, RUM, monitoring, and telemetry tools
- Helm charts and deploying and maintaining Kubernetes clusters
- Authoring and maintaining IaC with Terraform and using IaC to deploy resources in AWS, Azure, GCP, or any other public cloud providers
- Strong skills around observability, troubleshooting, and performance solutioning
- Ability and eagerness to deep dive into understanding, debugging and improving any layer of the tech stack
- Exhibit strong communication skills and ability to explain technical concepts to peers and stakeholders
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
Starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $147,500 - $195,000
Annual Bonus Target: 12.5%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.