Senior Data Analyst, Financial Reporting
Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As a Data Analyst at Circle, you’ll work closely with business stakeholders to better understand our products and enable better decision-making with data. We are a passionate team with a deeply analytical mindset, and your work will support our mission to be a world-class company driven by data. If you are naturally data curious, excited about deriving insights from data, experienced in improving the availability and usability of those insights, and motivated by impacting the business, we want to hear from you.
What you'll work on:
- Partner with the business to provide consultancy and translate the business needs to design and develop financial reports, tools, techniques, metrics, and dashboards for insights and data visualization
- Discover, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to perform strategic analysis and research. Identify new opportunities where business can be improved.
- Create and utilize data visualizations to translate analytic results for broad stakeholder understanding
- Build scalable automation solutions utilizing SQL, Tableau, and other tools
- Partner with leaders effectively employing clear and structured communication to tell a “story” focused on business insights & data.
- Develop strategic problem-solving, quantitative analytics, and communication skills
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees families, and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success, which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity, and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative major (Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering)
- Strong communication skills - be able to socialize among stakeholders and identify their needs and pain points, articulate issues clearly and concisely, and present effectively in both oral and written presentations to all levels in the organization
- Strong business acumen and the ability to work through complex and ambiguous business requirements
- Self-starter - an entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a fast-paced environment, deals well with ambiguity and focuses on driving impact
- Prior experience with visualization using Tableau or similar BI tools
Senior Data Analyst (III)
- 4+ years of industry experience in data analytics
- Proficiency in data analyses using SQL
- Good understanding of statistics and experience applying them to solve business problems
- Domain experience in one of the following areas: financial services, business banking, product analytics, marketing, developer ecosystem, or risk analytics
Lead Data Analyst (IV)
- 8+ years of industry experience in data analytics
- Expert in data analyses using SQL
- Deep understanding of statistics and experience applying them to solve business problems
- Domain expertise in one of the following areas: financial services, business banking, product analytics, marketing, developer ecosystem, or risk analytics
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
Starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Senior Data Analyst (III)
Base Pay Range: $122,500 - $162,500
Annual Bonus Target: 12.5%
Lead Data Analyst (IV)
Base Pay Range: $145,000 - $192,500
Annual Bonus Target: 15%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.