Prime Client Services Analyst
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
As an Institutional Prime Client Services Analyst you’ll join a high performing team of client servicing professionals whose performance is critical to Coinbase achieving its mission. You will serve as a subject matter specialist for Coinbase’s institutional suite of products (Prime, Custody), providing premier client service and operations to our most valued institutional clients and coverage teams. Diligent, insightful, and have a bias towards action, you will play a crucial role in the success of the Institutional Operations Services organization as we help build the crypto economy.
The role goes beyond being the face of Coinbase for our top tier clients as team members are also expected to have a high level of system, product and crypto expertise to ensure client queries are managed autonomously within our exceeds client expectations client model.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Serve as a product and service domain expert for Institutional clients across the lifecycle of the client relationship and activity on the platform. Deftly navigate across product classes (spot, custody, staking, derivatives, financing) and assets in an evolving, technical product suite
- Navigate multiple channels, supporting our highest value customers and institutions on Coinbase’s institutional products. Includes understanding and executing complex workflows across analytics, account maintenance and client management, incident and escalation management, billing and audit, reporting, allocations, cold storage and wallet management, and L1 trading support
- Direct client service and support to our global institutional clients across our lower client tiers through phone, email and video calls in an articulate and insightful manner.
- Build exceptional relationships and engage with a variety of institutional client teams (traders, operations, compliance, C-Suite, etc). Tailor communications based on an understanding of the client audience.
- Serve as a key member of a global 24x7 operating model for Prime Broker Client Service and Operational support, balancing product expertise and client management
- Set a high bar for support analysts within the organization by setting an example through performance and work ethic
- Serve as the voice of the customer to internal teams including Program Management, Engineering and Product when surfacing bugs, incidents, and product feedback
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements)
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and providing a seamless client servicing experience for our global institutional client base, while maintaining operational risk and controls
- Experience with institutional clients, compliance, trading, product support, payments, fraud, and/or other relevant client servicing and operational domains
- Understanding of cryptocurrency, global financial markets, and/or complex trading platforms with cryptocurrency client servicing experience a plus
- Minimum of 2 years plus in institutional client servicing role with direct contact to institutional clients, either traditional financial institutions support or crypto company client support.
- Experience with different channels of support, including voice, e-mail and/or chat
- Must work in a defined shift, as required by the business. Weekend support is required.
- Fantastic communication skills in order to operate across multiple departments, stakeholders, and clients
- Demonstrate ability to identify gap and drive change or suggest improvements
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization
Nice to haves:
- Crypto exposure
Job #: P52560
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.