Associate, Growth, Payments & Platform Business Development
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
BD at Coinbase is focused on maximizing the value that Coinbase generates through strategic product partnerships. The Payments & Platform pillar focuses on banks, financial services firms and fintechs that power the financial structure behind all of our consumer, institutional, and developer products. The Growth pillar focuses on telcos and mobile operators, social media companies, publishers, and other “web2” partners that can drive growth for Coinbase products. These relationships are critical to the health and growth of Coinbase.
You will serve as a deal lead for the Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) region, doubling down on our growth in the UK and EU while exploring frontier partnerships across the region. In some cases you’ll work closely with product management to define the requirements for a successful partnership and identify partners based on those traits. In other cases you’ll be out on your own - in close contact with senior leadership - to look around corners nobody else knows about and proactively share new ways for Coinbase to enter international markets and drive growth for its consumer crypto products like the Retail App, Coinbase One, USDC, and more. We’re looking for a dynamic, creative, and highly ambitious contributor who wants to own a region, embrace different business cultures, sign landmark deals that pave the way for Coinbase to grow via new paradigms, and be seen as an indispensable business leader by every function.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Help develop and execute the partnership strategy and tactics that will support Coinbase’s growth in international markets
- Work independently to lead cross-functional partnership initiatives, working with product, finance, comms, compliance, legal, policy, and marketing
- Own all elements of the partnership life cycle: scoping of opportunities, identifying potential partners, framing of value, negotiating agreements, and implementation and optimization
- Maintain healthy and productive relationships with partners, resolving business, policy and technical issues.
- Bring deals across the finish line in a self-directed manner
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- You enjoy and excel at working cross functionally to deliver results through partnerships
- You have shown the ability to build and manage relationships with product and business leaders in difficult and high-stakes environments
- You are not afraid of regulated industries and working through complex international regulatory matters that affect your leverage and speed to market
- You have a solid track record of learning complex concepts quickly
- You have great strategic instincts and can exercise good judgment in ambiguous situations
- You have great interpersonal and communications skills
- You’re intellectually curious and think in a structured way
- 2+ years of work experience in management consulting or investment banking
Nice to haves:
- International experience
- Understanding of financial regulations governing payments, digital assets, or consumer fintech
- Foreign language skills
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please complete this intake form to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.