Compliance Support Supervisor
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Customer Experience (CX) Team is responsible for developing and delivering best in class support across multiple customer segments. The Global Consumer Compliance Operations Team is a subset of our CX Team and is responsible for executing Compliance controls with adherence to Coinbase’s BSA/AML program, transaction monitoring, KYC, CDD, and EDD policies, procedures and standards appropriate for each jurisdiction in which Coinbase operates. As a Compliance Support Supervisor, you will lead a team of 10-15 Compliance Analysts responsible for transaction monitoring, to include preparation and filing of Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR). The supervisor sets a culture of ownership and customer focus on their teams by supporting individual and team goals and ensuring best in class customer service experiences through the team. Supervisors also identify broader customer impacting issues and work with technical and nontechnical teams to implement solutions to drive quality and productivity of operations.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Lead a team of 10-15 Compliance (Transaction Monitoring / AML and Fraud Investigations) Analysts; responsible for the overall performance and the quality.
- Coordinate with senior management and provide insights for process improvement.
- Communicate effectively with your team to drive individual and group performance.
- Champion change management with your team.
- Ask the question “How does this create value for customers” when making decisions.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Bachelor's degree or 3+ years of experience within the Compliance field.
- 1+ year of supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of financial laws, regulations, and guidelines (e.g., BSA, OFAC, FinCEN guidance)
- Positive energy on the future of crypto and Web3
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
- Experience working computers and multiple software and database systems
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments
Nice to haves
- Compliance Industry certification (e.g. ACAMS)
- Advanced understanding of Google apps
- Project Management, Scrum, Agile, or Lean 6S certification/experience.
- Familiarity with the Coinbase suite of products.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please complete this intake form to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.