Senior Manager, Digital Agency Lending
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Interested in joining the Prime Finance team? We are part of the Institutional group that is building a full-service prime brokerage platform with everything that institutions need to execute trades and custody assets at scale. Our team provides comprehensive financing solutions for businesses to deploy institutional trading strategies and enable capital efficiency, including lending, margin and shorting capabilities. We are an experienced group of individuals with many decades of combined experience at top banks and asset managers, and firmly believe that institutional financing services backed by thoughtful risk management programs will usher in new waves of capital and fuel the next crypto expansion. You can be part of this motivated team with a proven track record of delivering innovative and bespoke prime brokerage services to some of the world's leading institutional investors.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Originate and activate agency lending clients from existing client base with particular focus on venture funds, exchange traded products, introducing broker platforms and ultra high net worth clients.
- Design go to market strategy with Prime Services, Product and Marketing teams including educational materials, roadshows and targets client events.
- Lead a team of financing traders to actively manage borrow/lend book, optimizing returns of agency lending clients.
- Design reinvestment strategy to manage collateral and deliver active returns to clients in a risk appropriate manner, inclusive of risk management and capital allocation policies and procedures.
- Work with internal groups to develop the financing trading product including technology, legal, credit, operational and control functions
- Creatively problem solve issues using traditional finance experience and crypto innovation to deliver an enhanced client experience.
- Operate as a senior member of Coinbases global trading team, delivering market insight to clients and keeping the senior team aware of market developments.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Established track record in product sales and client management in Agency Securities Lending or adjacent business.
- Robust functional product knowledge of prime finance, equities, swaps, repo, futures, and other instruments front to back trade lifecycle.
- Deep understanding of ISDA, margin and securities lending legal agreements as well as not standard long form trade structures.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in data science and python programming
- CFA, CAIA, or other relevant industry designations
Position ID: P28185
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.