Senior Backend Software Engineer (Remote US)
Cheyenne, WY, USA · Remote
Posted on Friday, October 21, 2022
We see a future where all banks will need to support digital assets and provide a responsive, online interface to tech-savvy customers. Custodia is already a chartered bank and is providing banking, money market fund, and bitcoin custody services to business customers. The Custodia team is comprised of all-stars with deep experience in both bitcoin and traditional financial services.
The Digital Assets team builds the crypto banking products for Custodia, creating innovative, industry-leading custody solutions. We champion cryptographic security, correctness, and reliability, and are looking to bring on a new member who is eager to challenge the status quo and assist us in building the future of digital assets custody.
Salary Range: Up to $180,000 DOE
About Your Role:
- Design and implement software for the Go backend
- Write secure backend code to custody blockchain assets
- Write reusable, testable, idiomatic, principled code
- Read and write existing code and technical documentation
- Quick and efficient debugging capabilities
- Perform regular code review
- Collaborate with team to drive clarity and development of rapid product evolution
- Advocate for more efficient, high-value, and high-quality code delivery
- Grow less-experienced peers into formidable colleagues through pairing, code reviews, and empathetic coaching.
- 4+ years of experience as a Senior Backend Engineer
- Bitcoin experience is nice but not a must
- Substantial experience with Go or other modern, statically-typed languages
- Desire to work full time in Go
- Experience building multiple products (particularly backend web applications) with many/complex features
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills as a team player
- Experience with protobuf/GRPC is desirable
- Experience and interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is desirable
- Comfortable having camera on during meetings
Why Join Us?
- Competitive Salary
- 100% Remote
- Competitive Equity Package
- Amazing Growth Opportunity
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, Dental and Vision
Custodia embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.