Financial Crimes Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2023
We see a future where all banks will need to support digital assets and provide a responsive, online interface to tech-savvy customers. Custodia is already a chartered bank and is building digital asset products alongside its US dollar payment offering, including custody and settlement services. The Custodia team is comprised of all-stars with deep experience in both bitcoin and traditional financial services.
One of the keys to Custodia’s success will be creating and maintaining a safe and sound security and compliance program. In your job, you will support us in that mission by reviewing new applications, onboarding new customers, and regularly monitoring the bank’s security screening (AML) platform. This pivotal role assists the compliance office in all aspects of Custodia’s Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/ Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) compliance program. This includes but is not limited to maintaining compliance with industry training standards and regulations, delivering written processes and procedures across both traditional and digital asset products, and ensuring the effectiveness of risk management processes with help from the legal/compliance/operations team. To help you succeed in this role, you will obtain and maintain relevant certifications (e.g. CAMS) to assist the BSA Officer.
Responsibilities & Results:
We are looking for a personable, energetic analyst who will thrive in a fast-paced environment and embrace continuous learning and challenges. The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail and be ready to jump in on Day One.
- Develop, implement, and maintain written processes and procedures ensuring the bank’s compliance
- Create and present internal training and demonstrations on the bank’s systems
- Perform daily reviews of various reports, logs, and transaction data to identify trends that may be indicative of suspicious activity or behavior
- Assist in the administration of the automated BSA/AML and OFAC system, research and resolve alerts and conduct investigations within the system
- Assist in the monitoring of accounts for suspicious activity, perform high risk customer/account review, and recommend when to file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- Review new account applications, perform CDD/EDD procedures, and assist with new account risk profiles
- Assist with drafting policy and procedures when new rules and regulations are passed by state or federal governing bodies
- Provide assistance in preparing for and assistance in responding to regulatory examinations
- Provide knowledge, support, and assistance to other business units
What You’ll Bring:
- Previous Compliance experience at a bank, fintech, or payments institution
- Understanding of banking and digital asset compliance laws and regulations
- Familiarity with all functional areas of banking and/or crypto currency
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Flexible and able to manage multiple assignments while working independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why Join Us?
- Competitive Equity Package
- 100% Remote
- Amazing Growth Opportunity
- Unlimited PTO
Custodia embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.