Director of Third Party Risk Management
Posted on Wednesday, August 9, 2023
We see a future where all banks will need to support digital assets and provide a responsive, online interface to tech-savvy customers. Custodia is already a chartered bank and is building digital asset products alongside its US dollar payment offering, including custody and settlement services. The Custodia team is comprised of all-stars with deep experience in both bitcoin and traditional financial services.
If you expect more from existing banks, join our team and help build a better one, from the ground up. We are currently looking for a passionate and dynamic individual to join our organization as a Director of Third-Party Risk Management.
About Your Role
We are looking for a well-rounded Third-Party Risk Management leader from a traditional bank background who will thrive in a fast-paced environment and embrace continuous learning and challenges. The ideal candidate will further mature, implement, and execute our company-wide third-party risk framework while emphasizing program adoption and compliance. The candidate will also be responsible for managing and performing vendor risk assessments as required. Additionally, this role will assist in managing policy review, policy matching, and tracking policy review and refresh requirements. This role reports to the Senior Vice President (SVP) of Risk Management.
Responsibilities & Results
- Work with the SVP of Risk Management to implement a robust and scalable third-party risk management program, inclusive of the entire third-party lifecycle.
- Review and provide recommendations for updates to existing policy and program documents to ensure regulatory expectations and risk management best practices are included.
- Drive due diligence activities for both initial risk assessments and continuous monitoring activities.
- Provide reporting and mitigation as it relates to vendor related risk incidents including universal risk parameters and key risk indicators (KRIs)
- Understand relevant regulatory requirements and industry best practices related to vendor management activities.
- Report on the current assessed level of risk and document recommendations on managing risks for third-party portfolio.
- Create reasonable SLAs for all parts of the Third-Party lifecycle and ensure they are adhered to.
- Manage third-party risk assessment tools and make recommendations for enhancements.
What You’ll Bring
- 5-10+ years experience in managing, addressing and measuring vendor risk in a traditional bank environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (finance, economics etc.), or 10+ years relevant experience required.
- Experience working directly with regulators.
- Experience in third-party management.
- Understanding of enterprise governance.
- Knowledge and experience in bank regulations and compliance, specifically as it applies to vendor management.
- Track record in designing, delivering vendor risk reporting.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, with the ability to communicate well across functions.
- Interest in digital assets and blockchain technology
Why Join Us?
- Competitive Equity Package
- 100% Remote
- Amazing Growth Opportunity
- Unlimited PTO
Custodia embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.