Senior Leadership, Security Engineering
EigenLabs is the team behind EigenLayer, which provides crypto economic security as a service for proof-of-stake (PoS) blockchain modules, such as rollups, bridges, oracles, and Dapps. In today's blockchain ecosystem, each service is typically secured by its own token. The difficulty of bootstrapping new tokens often leads to too little capital to secure their services sufficiently. With EigenLayer, blockchain services can rely on Ethereum for security instead of the value of their own token values. Stakers in the Ethereum proof-of-stake network can "re-stake" their assets with EigenLayer to secure other services and earn higher returns. Customers pay transaction fees for these strong security guarantees, making it possible for anyone to build innovative blockchain modules without large upfront capital costs.
About The Role
We are seeking a very senior security leader to lead our security organization’s end to end responsibilities. As one of EigenLayer’s core leaders, you will be responsible for defining and executing our company-wide internal and external security strategy, growing and developing a team of security professionals spanning engineering and operations, and rolling our security best practices. You will be leading the practice to ensure the security of our technical roadmap & organization.
This is a full-time position that is fully remote or located with the team based in Seattle.
In order to do this work effectively, you will need to:
- In this role you will have the opportunity to scale up and lead several security teams and create the vision for a uniquely broad company-wide security strategy
- Your areas of responsibility will span information security, infrastructure security, office security, and blockchain security
- Create the security roadmap by establishing clear priorities based on risk analysis
- Lead the recruitment, development, and retention of a highly skilled security team
- Foster a strong security culture within the organization by promoting security awareness and best practices
- Formulate and enforce security policies, protocols, standards, and guidelines across the organization
- Proactively identify and mitigate evolving threats in line with the dynamic nature of the security landscape
- Act as the company's security ambassador at public forums and conferences, highlighting our commitment to robust security measures
- Advise senior leadership on information security risks, proposing effective strategies to minimize these risks
- Oversee internal and external security measures, such as bug bounty programs and various security audits like penetration testing, black/white box testing
- Facilitate security training and awareness programs to equip all employees with a strong understanding of potential security risks and their role in minimizing these risks
- Collaborate with other senior leadership to ensure the integration of security considerations in all project and product development stages
- Deep technical and security engineering experience for at least 10 years background.
- Expertise in various security technologies and engineering domains, including application security, cloud security, and IT security.
- Leadership abilities: Has more than 5 years of prior experience in a managerial / leadership capacity. Thrives in a leadership role, isn't afraid to make tough decisions, fosters open and challenging debates, provides guidance in crises, confronts adversity bravely, and
- Proven experience in leading and managing information security teams
- Proficiency in risk assessment methodologies and able to apply them in diverse contexts
- Passionate about crypto and blockchain technologies.
- Driven by the difficult challenge of making crypto technology secure for 1B users.
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills.
- Prior technical experience with crypto and blockchain security, including EVM, smart contract security, key management, container security, and node software security.
- Prior leadership experience in Web3 security organizations
- Prior experience in leading end-to-end security practice in open-source community-driven projects.
You enjoy contributing in a team environment
- Proficient and thoughtful with asynchronous and synchronous communication, giving and receiving feedback, and working independently and with a team
- Proactively contribute to discussions about technical issues, sprint and roadmap planning, and improving team processes
You want to help the crypto ecosystem improve the everyday lives of billions
- Excited to learn and develop blockchain technology, even if you don’t have crypto development experience yet.
- Recognize the culture and community in crypto are different from other professional software industries, and you want to embrace and improve it.