Posted on Tuesday, May 3, 2022
Espresso's mission is to bring Web3 applications like decentralized finance, NFTs, and DAOs to the mainstream by making them cheaper, scalable, and more private for users.
The Espresso Sequencer supports the decentralization of layer-2 (L2) rollups in the Ethereum ecosystem and beyond. It handles the decentralized sequencing and data availability of rollup transactions, functioning as a middleware between underlying layer-1 (L1) platforms and any zkVM or optimistic VM.
In addition to scalability, Espresso supports applications with greater privacy guarantees than exist in today's smart contract ecosystems. Leveraging zero-knowledge proofs, Espresso has developed the Configurable Asset Privacy (CAP) protocol that allows developers to determine what transactional data remains private and for whom.
Contributors to Espresso comprise a diverse team located around the world. We are passionate about building a better infrastructure for how we transact and interact online. We are builders, designers, researchers, and hackers and have contributed in academia, in open source communities, in policymaking, and beyond. We are backed by over $30mm in funding from leading investors in technology and crypto including Greylock Partners, Electric Capital, Sequoia Capital, and Polychain Capital.
As a Full-Stack Engineer, you will closely collaborate with fellow engineers and product managers. Your focus will be on the web applications that allow end-users to easily, effectively, and securely interact with Espresso's ecosystem.
- Participate in the design and implementation of applications which interact with the Espresso blockchain
- Work with the product and systems engineering teams to ideate, design, architect, implement, and deploy applications from start to finish
- Represent Espresso at industry and academic conferences and other events
- B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant field, or equivalent computer science and software engineering experience
- Significant experience building modern web applications
- Proficiency with a modern web development stack
- Knowledge of software engineering and security best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for writing clean code
- Experience working with blockchain systems, such as Ethereum
- Experience with WebAssembly and/or browser-based cryptography
- Enthusiasm for the rapidly developing blockchain ecosystem
- Fully remote with flexible hours
- Work alongside the brightest minds in the crypto space
- Competitive salary + equity package
- Regular team off-sites to international locations
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Top-tier health, dental, and vision coverage for US employees
See more open positions at Espresso Systems
Something looks off?