Software Engineer, Smart Contracts
Posted on Tuesday, May 3, 2022
Espresso Systems is the lead developer of the Espresso Sequencer, which supports rollups with decentralization, scale, and interoperability.
The Espresso Sequencer supports the decentralization of layer-2 (L2) rollups in the Ethereum ecosystem and beyond. It handles the decentralized sequencing and data availability of rollup transactions, functioning as a middleware between underlying layer-1 (L1) platforms and any zkVM or optimistic VM.
Contributors to Espresso comprise a diverse team located around the world. We are passionate about building a better infrastructure for how we transact and interact online. We are builders, designers, researchers, and hackers and have contributed in academia, in open source communities, in policymaking, and beyond. We are backed by over $30mm in funding from leading investors in technology and crypto including Greylock Partners, Electric Capital, Sequoia Capital, and Polychain Capital.
As a smart contract software engineer, you will closely collaborate with fellow engineers and researchers to build the blockchain infrastructure needed to bring Espresso's scalability infrastructure to the Ethereum ecosystem. Examples of work include implementing smart contracts to manage the HotShot proof-of-stake consensus mechanism underpinning the Espresso Sequencer and utilizing our cryptographic primitives to verify the Espresso Sequencer's state efficiently on the blockchain.
- Design, implement, test, and deploy EVM smart contracts
- Work with external auditors to evaluate security and safety of smart contracts
- Take engineering projects from concept and design to production, while working with engineering leaders and the product team to create sound and realistic roadmaps
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience or equivalent blockchain/smart contract development experience
- Proficiency developing in Solidity; familiarity with precompiles
- Understanding of software engineering and security best practices, in particular smart contract security
- Experience interacting with dapps/web3
- Experience shipping and taking engineering projects to production
- Professional experience with Rust
- Experience working on blockchain infrastructure
- Enthusiasm for the industry is a must!
- Fully remote with flexible hours
- Work alongside the brightest minds in the crypto space
- Competitive salary + equity package
- Regular team off-sites to international locations
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Top-tier health, dental, and vision coverage for US employees