Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Tuesday, May 3, 2022
Espresso's mission is to bring Web3 applications like decentralized finance, NFTs, and DAOs to the mainstream by making them cheaper, scalable, and more private for users.
The Espresso Sequencer supports the decentralization of layer-2 (L2) rollups in the Ethereum ecosystem and beyond. It handles the decentralized sequencing and data availability of rollup transactions, functioning as a middleware between underlying layer-1 (L1) platforms and any zkVM or optimistic VM.
In addition to scalability, Espresso supports applications with greater privacy guarantees than exist in today's smart contract ecosystems. Leveraging zero-knowledge proofs, Espresso has developed the Configurable Asset Privacy (CAP) protocol that allows developers to determine what transactional data remains private and for whom.
Contributors to Espresso comprise a diverse team located around the world. We are passionate about building a better infrastructure for how we transact and interact online. We are builders, designers, researchers, and hackers and have contributed in academia, in open source communities, in policymaking, and beyond. We are backed by over $30mm in funding from leading investors in technology and crypto including Greylock Partners, Electric Capital, Sequoia Capital, and Polychain Capital.
As a Systems Software Engineer, you will closely collaborate with fellow engineers and product managers to make Espresso a reality. Your focus will be on the transaction processing, communication, consensus, and storage components of the ledger and roll-up systems, while using the cryptography library developed by our cryptography team.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of Espresso’s core blockchain infrastructure in Rust
- Take engineering projects from concept and design to production, while working with engineering leaders and the product team to create sound and realistic roadmaps
- B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant field, or equivalent computer science and software engineering experience
- Experience shipping and taking engineering projects to production
- Experience with distributed systems and/or blockchain systems, especially P2P networking and consensus
- Understanding of software engineering and security best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for writing correct code
- Proficiency with Rust in a production environment (or similar strongly-typed languages such as C++, Haskell, Ocaml, etc.)
- Experience working on blockchain infrastructure, e.g. a layer-1 blockchain
- Enthusiasm for the rapidly developing blockchain ecosystem
- Fully remote with flexible hours
- Work alongside the brightest minds in the crypto space
- Competitive salary + equity package
- Regular team off-sites to international locations
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Top-tier health, dental, and vision coverage for US employees
See more open positions at Espresso Systems
Something looks off?