Software Engineer, Networking
Posted on Saturday, June 3, 2023
Espresso Systems is the lead developer of the Espresso Sequencer, which supports rollups with decentralization, scale, and interoperability.
The Espresso Sequencer supports the decentralization of layer-2 (L2) rollups in the Ethereum ecosystem and beyond. It handles the decentralized sequencing and data availability of rollup transactions, functioning as a middleware between underlying layer-1 (L1) platforms and any zkVM or optimistic VM.
Contributors to Espresso comprise a diverse team located around the world. We are passionate about building a better infrastructure for how we transact and interact online. We are builders, designers, researchers, and hackers and have contributed in academia, in open source communities, in policymaking, and beyond. We are backed by over $30mm in funding from leading investors in technology and crypto including Greylock Partners, Electric Capital, Sequoia Capital, and Polychain Capital.
As a Software Engineer, Networking you will closely collaborate with fellow engineers to build a high-throughput, secure distributed system. Your focus will be on Espresso's consensus layer, with emphasis on the peer-to-peer networking layer.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of Espresso’s core blockchain infrastructure in Rust
- Design, implement, test, and deploy Espresso's consensus system and underlying peer-to-peer network layer
- Take engineering projects from concept and design to production, while working with engineering leaders and the product team to create sound and realistic roadmaps
- Implement new research into Espresso's consensus infrastructure
- Experience implementing p2p communication
- Experience with networking protocols (QUIC/TCP/UDP/WebTransport/WebRTC)
- Knowledge of DHTs, gossip protocols, NATs, Hole-punching
- Use of statically and strongly typed languages (preferably Rust)
- Knowledge of async/await or coroutines
- Experience with: Async Rust; Nix (+ flakes); libp2p
- Fully remote with flexible hours
- Work alongside the brightest minds in the crypto space
- Competitive salary + equity package
- Regular team off-sites to international locations
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Top-tier health, dental, and vision coverage for US employees