Corporate Counsel - EU Governance
Posted on Monday, March 27, 2023
Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture Explained to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who have a long track record of building premium products for professionals and institutions as well as newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch, with a focus on world-class customer support and crypto education for all.
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
Proof of work
Join our growing corporate legal team of more than 13 attorneys and paraprofessionals working on matters such as international corporate structuring, product formation, public company preparedness, and equity financings to further Kraken’s mission.
This is a fully remote role for an Irish qualified lawyer & company secretary.
- Manage and advise on corporate governance requirements in Ireland, the UK and other relevant European jurisdictions - including in particular: running efficient & diligent Board Meetings; Board composition; maintenance of statutory registers; annual returns; and the provision of guidance to the Board on its statutory obligations
- Collaborate closely with business executives and colleagues in other legal teams, tax, HR, treasury, compliance and finance departments on corporate governance requirements in relevant jurisdictions, corporate structuring, statutory compliance, and related securities matters
- Contribute to a growing corporate legal team that is building out org structure, playbooks, and processes
- Collaborate with compliance, finance and risk functions regarding policies required by the Board
- Provide support for corporate development activities, including mergers and acquisitions and strategic corporate partnerships
- Manage and advise international creation, registration, management, and regulatory compliance of subsidiary entities
Skills you should HODL
- 7+ years of Irish Company, UK, and EU legal experience focused on corporate governance, to include in-house and law-firm experience, plus relevant experience in a regulated industry/context
- Admitted to the Irish Roll of Solicitors or the Bar of Ireland
- Irish Company Secretarial Qualification
- Interest in the crypto industry / what our company is offering to the world and why
- Strong analytical, writing, and organizational skills
- Mindset that is team-oriented, plus proactive and entrepreneurial: an opportunity-making person who uses the law to increase the company’s optionality, not decrease it
Nice to haves
- Banking experience
- Experience with regulated financial services firms
- Experience both in house and at a law firm
Location Tagging: #EU
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
See more open positions at Kraken
Something looks off?