Senior Regional Marketing Manager - UK & EU
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture Explained to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who have a long track record of building premium products for professionals and institutions as well as newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch, with a focus on world-class customer support and crypto education for all.
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
Proof of Work
Regional Marketing was created in Mar 2023 as a new function within the Global Marketing & Data Intelligence organization. The mission of Regional Marketing is to engage prospective and existing clients in priority international geos through impactful and relevant marketing campaigns and events in order to drive growth and adoption for Kraken.Regional Marketing defines and executes geo-marketing strategies with a cross-functional approach, working with Global Marketing capability and Data Intelligence teams to build and deliver scaled campaigns and initiatives across customer segments and at each stage of the local customer’s lifecycle. Regional Marketing is responsible for creating New Transacting User (NTU) and Monthly Transacting User (MTU) targets as well monitoring progress and tracking to goals. Regional Marketing is also responsible for Kraken’s marketing strategy and launch execution in new geos.
As the Sr. Manager, Regional Marketing at Kraken, you will be responsible for driving the growth and adoption of Kraken in select priority countries. In this role, you will work closely with the Head of Regional Marketing, Regional/Country Managing Directors, Regional Operations, Product, Marketing, Legal, Finance, Data Intelligence, and various other teams across the company to develop and execute country marketing strategies that maximize the success of Kraken and drive value for our clients in specific locales.
The ideal candidate will have strategy and leadership experience in creating innovative and engaging marketing initiatives and programs in a results-driven, growth-focused, and sometimes ambiguous environment. You have shown success improving metrics across Awareness, Consideration, Acquisition, Onboarding, and Ongoing Engagement, and developed ambitious experimentation roadmaps for continuous innovation, all with a data-driven, customer-centric approach.
- Identify what is most needed and most compelling to existing and potential clients in priority countries – and feed those insights back into the organization to influence regional and product strategy, prioritization, marketing, investment, and related messaging.
- Lead the cross-functional development and execution of country marketing strategies and plans designed to drive desired business critical metrics (e.g., awareness, consideration, trial, adoption).
- Monitor, analyze, and report on local marketing program performance and make recommendations to improve both the product offering itself and related marketing and messaging.
- Partner with Managing Directors, Regional Operations, Product, and Marketing to deeply understand the business including vision, near-term and long-term goals, operations, technology, regulatory requirements, gaps & opportunities, and the P&L. Contribute to growth targets and forecasts by country.
- Identify and socialize key country needs and unmet growth opportunities through partnerships with Consumer Insights, UX research, 1st and 3rd party research, Analytics and Data Intelligence.
- Partner with Brand to extend the Kraken brand narrative in priority regions and countries, defining the positioning, product features, and RTBs needed to deliver our promise to local clients.
- Define the value proposition and related messaging for priority countries. Own “the brief.”
- Surface opportunities/blockers to local ability to execute with excellence and drive resolution with key stakeholders.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned / needed.
Skills you should HODL
- Experience (8+ years) in product, product marketing, brand management, or integrated marketing - preferably with a fintech company/brand and/or technology company/brand.
- Success in entering new countries and/or launching and scaling products and services that both drive the business and strengthen the brand.
- Proven ability to lead in a matrixed environment.
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to drive data-driven recommendations and decision-making.
- Experience creating integrated marketing plans to support country and/or product launch and expansion efforts.
- Experience working with marketing channel and capability owners to shape marketing strategy and drive tactical execution.
- Expertise in one or more marketing channels a plus, particularly Acquisition and Lifecycle.
- Executive-level communication skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp and develop acumen for regulatory, compliance, product, and cultural nuances across multiple countries.
- Ability to confidently analyze business results and report performance to executive leadership and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to influence others to get things done in a timely fashion; balance multiple priorities, adapt to changing business needs and environment, and meet deadlines.
- MBA Preferred.
- Must love, have experience and/or be very interested in crypto.
This role reports into the Head of Regional Marketing.
Location Tagging: #US #EU #Canada #UK #LI-AG1
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
See more open positions at Kraken
Something looks off?