Senior Finance Analyst - Ireland
IT, Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture Explained to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who have a long track record of building premium products for professionals and institutions as well as newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch, with a focus on world-class customer support and crypto education for all.
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
Proof of work
We are recruiting for an experienced finance professional to take on the role of Senior Finance Analyst, playing a key role within the finance function of our consolidated group of Irish legal entities. The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of a broad range of financial and management reporting across all entities, as well as the provision of regulatory reporting for our regulated entities. The role will predominantly focus on the ownership of core deliverables but is also expected to provide guidance and advice on the wider finance and regulatory agenda, act as a bridge between Group Finance and the local legal entities, and lead project workstreams where required.
This role is ideally suited to a tenacious self-starter who is comfortable working across a broad range of areas within a finance function, as well as being flexible and dynamic in a changeable environment. Must be based in Ireland.
- Oversee and challenge the development of financial and reporting processes within our regulated entities and seek ways to innovate so as to ensure they are robust and of an extremely high standard;
- Delivery of financial & treasury reconciliations for all local entities, in particular client funding reconciliations for the regulated entity, for approval by senior management;
- Delivery of monthly, quarterly, and annual management and financial accounts, including monthly budget to actuals review as part of the Group FP&A processes;
- Delivery of regulatory returns for our regulated entities;
- Preparation of forecasts and budgets for all local entities in collaboration with the Group FP&A team;
- Reviewing all financial plans and budgets regularly and prepare monthly presentations for key stakeholders, including ongoing review and presentation of capital requirements;
- Involvement in the statutory audit process for all local legal entities acting as the key liaison with Group Finance;
- Being the primary point of contact with the Group Financial Control team to ensure a common understanding between Group and local legal entities;
- Working with the Head of Finance to develop a robust control environment for our newly created finance function;
- Supporting the Head of Finance on all aspects of financial function delivery and related topics and ownership of the maintenance of the risk register for the Finance function;
- Support the Group FP&A team with all ad-hoc corporate requests applicable to both the local legal entities and the broader Group agenda.
Projects & Legal Entity Development
The Senior Finance Analyst will be required to lead the finance workstream of certain local projects and legal entity development, working closely with the Head of Finance to ensure local requirements are considered both in-project and by the wider Group.
Skills you should HODL:
- Qualified Accountant - ACA, CIMA, ACCA with 4+ years experience in an applicable role - ideally with regulatory oversight from the Central Bank of Ireland;
- Ability to take ownership of the development of a wide range of process within a new finance function, living as a leader and advising on the wider finance agenda;
- Experience of all relevant regulations within a Central Bank of Ireland regulated financial services firm, with emphasis on Central Bank of Ireland FINREP and statistical reporting;
- Knowledge and understanding of the key accounting principles under IFRS and US GAAP;
- Demonstrable experience of having worked in a Group reporting role focused on financial accounts and external reporting (incl. regulatory);
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills;
- Strong understanding of a best-in-class control environment and an appetite to implement and monitor same.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills;
- Ability to be flexible & adaptable, always ready to pivot and solve the next problem;
- Enthusiastic, motivated, self-starter, pro-active and a team player;
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communicator;
- Willingness and ability to take ownership of issues and manage through to a successful resolution;
- Required to provide detailed analysis and information on complex queries/problems and communicate to stakeholders on proposed solutions and recommendations;
- Understanding & execution of requirements / expectations;
- Minimal supervisory oversight and able to perform duties with minimal or no guidance;
- Assertiveness, tenacious and control focused.
Location Tagging #Ireland
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
See more open positions at Kraken
Something looks off?