Senior Software Engineer (Consensus Algorithms)
Posted on Saturday, June 18, 2022
At Matter Labs, we believe freedom drives progress and prosperity. We don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a team aligned around a single mission: to advance personal freedom for all (see ZK Credo).
To achieve this goal, we’re building zkSync — a credibly neutral, fully open source technology stack and network on top of Ethereum, which is owned and governed by its community. We use advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum infinitely without compromising on security or decentralization. With a world-class team, a community of over 1M supporters across Twitter + Discord, and hundreds of millions $ in funding, we have abundant resources to accomplish the mission.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our Core team.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will be in charge of implementing a PoS consensus algorithm for zkSync
- We expect you to independently conduct research in your area of ownership, design, implement, and document solutions
What We Look For in You
- Driven by passion, curiosity, and desire to make a meaningful contribution to the world
- 2+ years of experience with consensus algorithms
- Fluency in Rust, C++, Golang, or similar languages - we work primarily with Rust, but prior experience with this language is not mandatory
- Deep understanding of software engineering best-practices
- Ownership mindset and a track record of successfully accomplished projects
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures, and their computational and memory complexities is critical, as well as experience of implementing them from scratch
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. All positions are 100% remote (with optional travel to team and/or industry events). We operate in lean and nimble teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. We move fast. Only results matter. We will provide you with everything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from diverse backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture around the tenants of freedom and ownership. This ethos will underpin our positive-sum community as we evolve toward full decentralization.
If this role resonates with you, apply now for prompt feedback.
Read more about working at Matter Labs here.
Important: We are remote-first, operating in the timezones between UTC-5 (Latam and Atlantic Coast) to UTC+7 (South-East Asia). While we’re currently not hiring in the US, we do consider US-based applicants willing to relocate.