Senior Solutions Architect
Posted on Saturday, January 28, 2023
At Matter Labs, we believe freedom drives progress and prosperity. We don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a team aligned around a single mission: to advance personal freedom for all (see ZK Credo).
To achieve this goal, we’re building zkSync — a credibly neutral, fully open source technology stack and network on top of Ethereum, which is owned and governed by its community. We use advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum infinitely without compromising on security or decentralization. With a world-class team, a community of over 1M supporters across Twitter + Discord, and hundreds of millions $ in funding, we have abundant resources to accomplish the mission.
We're looking for a Senior Solutions Architect to help grow our ecosystem of third-party developers, projects, and companies that leverage zkSync infrastructure for their businesses. This role plays a key part in our business development strategy and will own the decision of the best approach to tackle our top partners’ needs, including developing proofs of concept or outsourcing some of the work.
If you are passionate about building innovative and scalable web3 applications, and have experience in designing world-class systems, we would love to hear from you!
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop a strong understanding and the value proposition zkSync can bring to large projects and Enterprise companies
- Work closely with the Business Development team to help partners understand how zkSync can help solve their business needs
- Define the best architecture to enable integrations and new use cases with partners
- Hands-on development to ensure we deliver integrations and proof of concepts
- Actively participate in common team meetings: daily standups, demo, retrospective, planning, grooming, estimation etc
- Actively participate in code reviews
What We Look For in You
- At least 6+ years of experience with TypeScript in a full-stack environment, modern frontend and backend frameworks (e.g Vue.js, Node.js)
- At least 3+ years of experience with Ethereum development (Hardhat, Foundry, Ethers, Web3, Solidity), including smart contract development
- At least 3+ years of experience as a solutions engineer (or similar role).Previous experience in web3 or blockchain companies/projects, especially knowledge of Ethereum & L2s is a plus
- Strong understanding of the principles of software development and architecture
- Excellent communication skills in English and proven ability to efficiently work with remote teams
- Happy to jump in into meetings with the business team and partners to discuss projects and initiatives in different stages of maturity
- Ownership mindset and a track record of successfully accomplished projects
- Passionate and familiar with dApp developers, cryptocurrency, and blockchain technology
- Experience as a Full Stack Developer using other languages and frameworks, e.g. .NET, Ruby, etc
Nice to Have
- Experience as a mentor or tech/team lead
- Hands-on experience using PostgreSQL or similar
- Hands-on experience using MongoDB or Redis etc
- Profound knowledge and hands-on experience in continuous integration / continuous delivery for front and backend
- Hands-on experience using Kubernetes on AWS or Google Cloud
- Security-minded and always checking for potential security threats and vulnerabilities in code bases
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. All positions are 100% remote (with optional travel to team and/or industry events). We operate in lean and nimble teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. We move fast. Only results matter. We will provide you with everything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from diverse backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture around the tenants of freedom and ownership. This ethos will underpin our positive-sum community as we evolve toward full decentralization.
If this role resonates with you, apply now for prompt feedback.
Read more about working at Matter Labs here.
Important: We are remote-first, operating in the timezones between UTC-5 (Latam and Atlantic Coast) to UTC+7 (South-East Asia). While we’re currently not hiring in the US, we do consider US-based applicants willing to relocate.