Head of Product Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Product
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
At Matter Labs, we believe freedom drives progress and prosperity. We don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a team aligned around a single mission: to advance personal freedom for all (see ZK Credo).
To achieve this goal, we’re building zkSync — a credibly neutral, fully open source technology stack and network on top of Ethereum, which is owned and governed by its community. We use advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum infinitely without compromising on security or decentralization. With a world-class team, a community of over 1M supporters across Twitter + Discord, and hundreds of millions $ in funding, we have abundant resources to accomplish the mission.
We're seeking a skilled and entrepreneurial Product Marketing Lead to expand the network of external developers and teams contributing to zkSync. Additionally, you'll collaborate with crypto projects and major brands that utilize zkSync to introduce innovative offerings to billions of users.
In this position, you'll collaborate closely with Product, Engineering, UX, Growth, and Developer Relations teams to shape and implement effective go-to-market strategies. Your role involves enhancing the developer and user experiences through compelling content, managing product story and positioning, overseeing new product launches, and facilitating easy discovery and adoption of new features for the community.
Ultimately, your role will involve uncovering valuable insights, converting them into opportunities for both product and marketing, and motivating teams to take decisive action.
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop a comprehensive marketing strategy that combines business goals, technical insights, and campaign schedules. Strengthen the expertise of the Growth and Business Development teams to align on target audiences, channels, and countries
- Craft compelling messages to position zkSync as the premier Ethereum scaling solution. Drive awareness and adoption by showcasing zkSync's value to builders and users
- Collaborate closely with marketing and developer advocacy teams to amplify zkSync's visibility among developer audiences to grow the community of builders
- Partner with Product and Growth teams to clearly outline marketing requirements. Coordinate across various aspects of Growth — including brand design, communications, events, social media, content marketing, ecosystem marketing, education, community and more
- Lead, organize, and execute product launches and initiatives. Ensure thorough documentation, effective communication, and appeal to the right audiences
- Conduct user, developer, and market research. Keep tabs on the Ethereum landscape, crypto/blockchain/web3 trends, and industry developments
- Enhance zkSync’s personas to foster deeper understanding of its target users and address their specific pain points
What We Look For in You
- Several years of work experience in product marketing with cross-functional experience
- Passionate and familiar with crypto, including DeFi, NFTs, Infrastructure, Tooling, and other verticals
- Experience in growing developer ecosystems
- Ability to collaborate with others across functions in a highly matrixed organization
- Experience developing and executing GTM strategies, creating high-impact growth marketing campaigns for technical audiences
- Familiar with various product marketing techniques
- Prior expertise in creating engaging user-centric content focused on product and technical features
- Ability to learn about technical concepts and turn them into powerful campaigns that attract, convert, and retain developers
- Ability to conduct, interpret, and present qualitative and quantitative feedback and research
- Strong communication skills in English and proven ability to efficiently work with remote teams
- Ownership mindset and a track record of successfully accomplished projects
Nice to Have
- Experience with research utilizing various methods (e.g., usability studies, contextual inquiry, surveys, etc)
- Previous experience in web3 or blockchain companies/projects
- Experience working with data/analytics tool
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. All positions are 100% remote (with optional travel to team and/or industry events). We operate in lean and nimble teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. We move fast. Only results matter. We will provide you with everything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from diverse backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture around the tenants of freedom and ownership. This ethos will underpin our positive-sum community as we evolve toward full decentralization.
If this role resonates with you, apply now for prompt feedback.
Read more about working at Matter Labs here.
Important: We are remote-first, operating in the timezones between UTC-5 (Latam and Atlantic Coast) to UTC+7 (South-East Asia). While we’re currently not hiring in the US, we do consider US-based applicants willing to relocate.