Senior Business Development Manager
Sales & Business Development
United States · Remote
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
At Matter Labs, we believe freedom drives progress and prosperity. We don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a team aligned around a single mission: to advance personal freedom for all (see ZK Credo).
To achieve this goal, we’re building zkSync — a credibly neutral, fully open source technology stack and network on top of Ethereum, which is owned and governed by its community. We use advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum infinitely without compromising on security or decentralization. With a world-class team, a community of over 1M supporters across Twitter + Discord, and hundreds of millions $ in funding, we have abundant resources to accomplish the mission.
We are looking for a leader that can help manage high-level, strategic partnerships with the potential to drive millions of users to blockchain and zkSync. This person will be comfortable working on transformational deals from inception to execution with a proven track record of delivering meaningful results. The entertainment and media space cuts across verticals including gaming, sports, social media touching consumer-facing applications and products with global reach across the world. The role will report into the Head of Web3 Entertainment and Media.
What You'll Be Doing
- Orchestrate and manage various BD initiatives across our different verticals, ZK Stack partnerships, client engagements
- Strategic Partnerships: Track and manage our key partnerships and the related customer pipeline to ensure that both partners are maximizing the ROI from the relationship
- Client Engagements: Cultivate and nurture relationships with key clients, ensuring consistent communication and understanding of their needs and objectives.
- Reporting and Metrics: Provide regular reports on the progress of BD initiatives, including key performance indicators, project milestones, and financial results
- Developer Team Liaison: Work closely with different developer teams, acting as the primary point of contact and ensuring projects align with our business goals and standards
- Market Analysis: Stay abreast of industry trends, competitor activities, and market dynamics to inform and refine our strategic approach
What We Look For in You
- Exceptional ability to manage and track multiple projects and initiatives
- 5-7 years of experience in management consulting, or similar, in the digital assets and blockchain domain
- Strong domain knowledge and keen interest in public blockchains, their use cases, product roadmaps, and latest industry trends
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present to business executives and stakeholders
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. All positions are 100% remote (with optional travel to team and/or industry events). We operate in lean and nimble teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. We move fast. Only results matter. We will provide you with everything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from diverse backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture around the tenants of freedom and ownership. This ethos will underpin our positive-sum community as we evolve toward full decentralization.
If this role resonates with you, apply now for prompt feedback.
Read more about working at Matter Labs here.
Important: We are remote-first, operating in the timezones between UTC-5 (Latam and Atlantic Coast) to UTC+7 (South-East Asia).
To all recruitment agencies: Matter Labs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Matter Labs employees, or any other organisation location. Matter Labs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Read our full policy here.