Product Manager - Market Data
Remote · United States
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2023
Messari is the leading provider of crypto market intelligence products that help professionals navigate crypto/Web3 with confidence. We bring transparency and smarter qualitative and quantitative analytics to the industry by combining a global research database with a comprehensive suite of data visualization and asset discovery tools. We help drive smarter participation in crypto from individuals and institutions alike.
The name “Messari” came from the Franciscan monks who declared "clean books" a moral imperative during the renaissance and pushed merchants to use proper accounting methods. This led to the flourishing of investment via "trust but verify" methods and industry growth throughout Europe. That's what we aim to do. Provide participants, investors, builders, platforms, and everyone else with reliable information to better participate in the crypto ecosystem.
Our users range from some of the most prominent analysts, investors, and crypto individuals to top organizations including Coinbase, BitGo, Anchorage, 0x, Chainanalysis, Ledger, Compound, MakerDAO, and many more.
We are looking for a passionate & experienced Product Manager to help us scale our market data products. You’ll be collaborating closely with talented and experienced engineers, product managers and business leaders.
Building accurate, resilient, performant and scalable market datasets is of utmost importance for us. Indeed, market data constitutes the backbone for us to provide robust real-time crypto financial reporting datasets to our customers.
As Product Manager, Market Data, you’ll have the opportunity to take a leading role defining & steering the roadmap for this product. You will be uniquely positioned to help us scale our infrastructure, extend our coverage and develop new offerings.
What you'll do
- Lead Messari’s market data product development
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, data science and other teams to develop and steer product roadmap
- Own new product development from conception to launch
- Manage relationships with upstream data providers
- Build internal tools for us to respond to data incidents, create redundancy, and validate our ever-growing database of all crypto market data going back to 2009
- Develop new data delivery solutions for enterprise clients
- Develop offerings around new market datasets (orderbook, derivatives)
- Present products to clients, support sales function and identify new revenues opportunities
- Work with engineering to scale our infrastructure, extend our coverage & develop new market data offering
Who you are
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Direct hands on experience working with financial data / market data products
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, relationship management and organizational skills
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional and engineering teams
- Deep analytical, prioritization and problem solving skills
- Experience with project management methodologies (agile, scrum, kanban etc..)
Nice to haves
- Experience working in crypto and Web3
- Experience working at a leading financial data provider
- Technical Product Management experience
- Quant background
What you’ll love about Messari.
We understand in order for you to do your best work, you need the resources to stay healthy, recharge, and feel like you have ownership in the future we are building.
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Health, Dental, & Vision: We care about your well-being so we contribute to the cost of your health benefits. Messari covers 80% of your health, dental, and vision!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Use pretax dollars for any health care needs.
- Life Insurance: Provided to you at no cost, with coverage up to 1x your Annual Salary.
- Disability Insurance: Offering Long-term and Short-term disability to provide a portion of your income during times you are unable to work!
- Flexible Time Off: Forget accrued PTO days. We believe in the power of personal time, so we offer as much flexible time as you need. Just clear it with your team and bon voyage!
- Paid Parental Leave: We encourage you to take care of your little one! We provide 18 weeks for primary caregiver / 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- WeWork: All Access Pass.
- 401k: 3% Match when you invest in your future with our 401K.
- Flexible working life and $500 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our office in New York the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $500 contribution.
- Community & Social Events: Messari is a community, we work hard, and bring each other up! Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates.
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. We contribute $1,500 annually for you to invest in your continued education.
- Health & Wellness Perks: Work-life balance and your wellbeing are important to us. To contribute to your mental & physical wellbeing we gift you a brand new Whoop and a subscription to Headspace, as well as Health Advocacy as part of our Employee Assistance Plan.
*As Messari is a fully remote company hiring candidates around the world, our perks and benefit packages may adjust based on your location.
Join our Global, Fully-Remote Team
We believe in building services that help people around the world engage with crypto and seek out talent that can broaden how we build for a diverse, global audience. At Messari, we welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, socioeconomic status, religion, age, marital or parental status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
See more open positions at Messari
Something looks off?