Senior Software Engineer, Full-stack
Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2022
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for NFTs, offering a diverse range of unique and verifiable digital assets backed by blockchain. We're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #3 ranked top private company.
When hiring, we look for candidates who can thrive in our culture of trust, feedback, and rapid growth. We believe that diversity and inclusivity are essential to our success, and we provide equal employment opportunities regardless of background or identity. Our opportunities support remote, hybrid, or onsite work at our offices in New York City, San Francisco, or Silicon Valley, and we're dedicated to creating an environment where all employees can do their best work and contribute to the growth of our platform.
In this role, you will be working closely with Product, Design and the rest of Engineering to craft phenomenal buyer, seller and creator experiences with relentless focus on performance, scale and finesse. You will be working across the stack using React.js, GraphQL, Python (Django), Postgres and ES. You will be leading large greenfield initiatives, scoping them with stakeholders, and delivering on them with the rest of engineering. If you’re excited to work at a company that is building and shaping the future of marketplaces to empower creators and collectors, welcome to OpenSea.
- Architect and design core product features from start to finish; from conception and research to implementation and iteration, all the way through deployment, maintenance, and future iterations
- Help architect and build performant backend systems for serving our core marketplace features
- Think holistically about how parts of our systems fit together from the UX to the underlying APIs and data models
- Mentor and train other team members on best practices and approaching large ambiguous problems
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, and other Engineers to prioritize, scope, and architect new features
- Prioritize projects and tasks based on impact; balancing moving fast and building for the long haul
- Deep knowledge of web technologies and large-scale web application architectures
- Familiarity with current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, security, and usability
- 8+ years of industry experience building scalable and performant production UIs and APIs using a stack similar but not limited to React, Typescript, GraphQL, Python
- Strong customer empathy; you think critically of how our features impact our community, users, and business
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
The base salary for this full-time position, which spans across multiple internal levels depending on qualifications, ranges between $160,000 to $305,000 plus benefits & equity.
See more open positions at OpenSea
Something looks off?