Engineering Manager - Cloud Security
Engineering Manager, Cloud Security
Location(s): New York, US Remote
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our growing Cloud Security Engineering team. The Cloud Security team is responsible for protecting our infrastructure from internal and external threats, including nation-state level attackers. We operate a modern cloud architecture spanning many regions where agile teams deploy daily. You will partner closely with our Infrastructure, DevOps, Application Security, product engineering teams, and our 24x7x365 SOC to employ cutting-edge technologies and industry-leading practices protecting billions of dollars in assets..
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As a Engineering Manager for Cloud Security, you’ll get to:
- Lead a 5-8 person team of engineers and accelerate their growth by providing thoughtful feedback, technical mentorship and effectively manage performance.
- Work with engineering leadership and our CISO to set the roadmap and technical vision for the team regularly assessing threat intelligence and using a risk based approach to prioritize impactful projects
- Champion best security patterns and practices throughout engineering
- Ensure we have best in class tooling, alerting, incident response, policies and procedures in an ever growing cloud footprint and changing industry landscape
- Search for the truth in project conceptualization and development, ensuring designs and implementations are fully aligned with our security strategy
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- At least 3+ years of experience managing a security focused infrastructure team
- At least 5 years experience building or securing modern, high-scale/complex distributed systems and services in the cloud using tools such as Kubernetes, Istio, HashiCorp Vault, Splunk Enterprise Security, etc.
- Experience in cloud security assessments, container security, vulnerability remediation, and able to communicate how these fit into to a broad system security strategy
You might also have:
- Experience leading a SOC
- Experience in a highly targeted and regulated environment
- Regular participation in purple team activities
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- Web 3.0 Is Still the Place to Be
- A Conversation with Paxos Product Leaders
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- Mercado Libre Reaches 1M+ Users in 60 Days With Paxos
- Paxos Was Built to Protect its Customers
- CNBC Crypto World Interviews Paxos CEO on USDP stablecoin
- Paxos CEO Charles Cascarilla’s Perspectives on the Current State of the Global Economy
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to U.S. Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.
Paxos offers a competitive total compensation and benefits package, including equity. Actual salary within that range is dependent upon the individual’s skills, experience and qualifications.