Global Head of Data
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
What You'll Do
As the Head of Data at Paxos, you will be responsible for leading the effort to create and deliver a data platform that will capture, secure, and deliver our unique data set in a secure manner, to both our internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with various business function teams and the data engineering team to build high quality, performant solutions that ensure stakeholder groups have access to the data they need.
- Define a set of standard technologies & tools for the data platform, and drive the adoption, implementation, and ongoing sustaining of the data platform.
- Evaluate and make the call on technical solutions, architecture, and platforms
- Evolve data management practices including Data Modeling, ETL practices, Aggregation patterns, and Data warehousing principles.
- Execute the vision, goals, priorities and work alongside the team to accomplish them. Ensure high-quality technical solutions and skill development.
- Develop an organizational structure and operating model in which the engineers thrive in cross-functional teams (with analysts, data scientists, etc)
- Lead strategic planning, roadmap development, and operational planning for your teams
- Build and manage a team of talented data engineers and analysts
- Implement backend data pipelines for manipulating and managing big data.
- Improve existing data pipelines in terms of scalability and efficiency.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to define priorities and develop roadmaps
- 10+ years in Software Engineering, with 5+ years building and leading teams
- Deep experience with data engineering, big data and analytical technologies using cloud-based data platforms
- Expertise in SDLC (systems development life cycle) / Iterative / Agile / Scrum development
- Strong leadership skills to move the team through a major change, initiative to drive change forward and identify solutions to potential obstacles
- Prior experience with Data Warehouse or Data Lake solutions similar to Snowflake/Redshift, Cloud environments similar to AWS/GCP, Big Data solutions similar to Hadoop/Spark, Realtime Streaming solutions similar to Kafka/Flink.
- Knowledge of advanced visualization tools such as Tableau, Superset and Looker.
- BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- Web 3.0 Is Still the Place to Be
- A Conversation with Paxos Product Leaders
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- Mercado Libre Reaches 1M+ Users in 60 Days With Paxos
- Paxos Was Built to Protect its Customers
- CNBC Crypto World Interviews Paxos CEO on USDP stablecoin
- Paxos CEO Charles Cascarilla’s Perspectives on the Current State of the Global Economy
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to U.S. Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.
Something looks off?