Senior Software Engineer - Blockchain Core
Our Engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing Blockchain Core team. You will be responsible for scaling our services which facilitate blockchain interactions such as transfers and token issuance. Blockchain Core’s systems manage complex workflows such as processing tens of thousands of on-chain transactions per day. Our challenges include security, consistency, reliability, availability, and scalability. This role provides a unique experience to understand how to scale systems that rely on eventually consistent data. We take pride in continuous innovation, high performance, effective mentoring/coaching, multi-disciplinary collaboration and the authentic application of lean/agile methods.
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky – supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Nubank and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll get to:
- Architect and lead the development of highly scalable systems that facilitate deposits, withdrawals, token issuance, and other functionality on blockchain networks
- Champion the growth of stablecoins across diverse blockchain platforms, anticipating future trends and challenges
- Drive initiatives to scale and optimize distributed systems
- Design and implement robust communication protocols to seamlessly relay blockchain data to various internal systems, ensuring data integrity and timely access
- Mentor junior engineers, fostering a culture of technical excellence and collaborative problem-solving
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to align blockchain workflows with broader organizational goals, ensuring smooth end-to-end processes
- Track and access emerging blockchain technologies and trends, proactively recommending and integrating innovative solutions
- Apply engineering best-practices including unit and integration testing, source code version control, agile planning/estimation
- Analyze complex requirements, transforming them into actionable tasks and milestones
- Effectively navigate the trade-offs among MVP vs Enterprise-Grade, Time-to-market and in other relevant dimensions
- Search for the truth in product development, ensuring designs and implementations align with the company mission and objectives
Your experience should include:
- 6+ years of software development experience, including at least one of the following: Golang, Kotlin, Rust, Java, C++, Python
- Strong computer science and programming fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- Proven track record of developing, deploying, and scaling complex applications and systems
You might also have:
- Previous experience developing applications and systems on blockchain networks
- Fundamental understanding of how different blockchains work
- An insatiable curiosity to learn about the how blockchain technology will replatform the financial future of the world
- Advanced mastery of core engineering concepts including data structures, design best practices, run-time optimizations, and algorithmic complexity
- Solid understanding of concepts like load balancing, HA/failover, ingress, inter-service communications in a microservices style cluster, idempotence, ACID, guaranteed delivery, etc.
- Technical expertise in at least one domain like Distributed Systems, Cryptography, Databases, or AWS
- Ability to understand and articulate the architecture of an entire system, including the technical trade-offs between different design implementations
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern web application architectures and infrastructures, including but not limited to clustering (Kubernetes), containerizing (Docker), message queuing (Kafka), and telemetry/instrumentation (Prometheus/Grafana)
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a diverse multi-disciplinary team, fostering open collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Proven expertise in bridging technical and non-technical stakeholders, ensuring product vision and engineering execution align
- A relentless drive to learn new technologies, innovate and discover better ways to solve engineering challenges
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- Mercado Libre Reaches 1M+ Users in 60 Days With Paxos
- Paxos Was Built to Protect its Customers
- CNBC Crypto World Interviews Paxos CEO on USDP stablecoin
- Paxos CEO Charles Cascarilla’s Perspectives on the Current State of the Global Economy
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to U.S. Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.
Paxos offers a competitive total compensation and benefits package, including equity. Actual salary within that range is dependent upon the individual’s skills, experience and qualifications.