Senior Staff Technical Program Manager - Developer Infrastructure
Our Engineering organization is looking for a Senior Staff Technical Program Management to join our growing team. You will be driving strategy and execution in the team collaborating with other teams and stakeholders. We are looking for an experienced TPM who can strategize, plan and execute in a complex, fast paced hyper growth startup, with multi-areas development efforts at an enterprise standards and scale. You would be working with our core services team, data, tools, IT & governance as well as security. In this roles, you will work closely with the EMs and the team to come up with a roadmap, features, priorities the work and partner with other cross functional teams and coordinate execution.
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As the Senior Staff Technical Program Manager, you'll get to:
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Work with the team to develop end-to-end project plans, influence teams to deliver against them, and keep the org and leadership informed on progress.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Work with teams to set milestones, communicate project statuses, and identify/address potential setbacks.
- Effectively coordinating and communicating with relevant Infrastructure counterparts, product teams, privacy, legal, and policy cross-functional teams
- Work with engineering to ensure what we build has the right balance of cost vs. benefit, and focuses on addressing the highest priority needs
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions, and measure impact by defining meaningful metrics to meet engineering and company OKRs.
- Provide hands on program management with deep understanding of the need to deliver production systems full speed and at scale.
Your experience should include:
- Written code, reviewed code, influenced technical direction, built new tech
- Distributed systems such as Amazon Managed Database, Azure DB, or other tech
- Worked on complex stack, built instrumentation, drove eng on observability
- Built process and successfully drove down production incidents
You might also have:
- Built infrastructure product such as storage service, system management, cloud provisioning, and launched it
- Written technical documentation, specification, and influenced engineering/company executives on direction
- Experience playing various different roles an engineering, program manager, product manager, product operations, and/or other roles
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience as a Technical Program Manager or Software Product Manager managing software programs from inception to production.
- 10+ years experience in high tech industry as Software Engineer or Product Manager or any other technical role.
- Strategic planning, leadership communication, complex issue resolution, and team building skills.
- Experience launching products or delivering large software releases.
- Knowledge of software development processes and best practices.
- Knowledge of software development processes such as CI/CD and/or Testing Frameworks.
- Experience dealing with large scale infrastructure aimed at improving developer productivity
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- Web 3.0 Is Still the Place to Be
- A Conversation with Paxos Product Leaders
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- Mercado Libre Reaches 1M+ Users in 60 Days With Paxos
- Paxos Was Built to Protect its Customers
- CNBC Crypto World Interviews Paxos CEO on USDP stablecoin
- Paxos CEO Charles Cascarilla’s Perspectives on the Current State of the Global Economy
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to U.S. Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.
Paxos offers a competitive total compensation and benefits package, including equity. Actual salary within that range is dependent upon the individual’s skills, experience and qualifications.