Distributed Systems Engineer (web3)
About the role
You will be a part of the infrastructure team. You will apply your experience in web2 on both OSS work around IBC (https://ibcprotocol.org/) and the core Polymer protocol. *Web3 and blockchain experience is explicitly not required. *
- You will work on solving complex distributed systems and consensus problems at scale
- Work on the core blockchain messaging layer, distributed key management and multi-chain observer infrastructure
- Make OSS contributions to the IBC protocol (https://ibcprotocol.org/)
- You will work on large scale simulation testing
What you will achieve
In the first month, you will build a deep understanding of the IBC protocol and making contributions to the IBC roadmap.
Within 3 months, you will be fully integrated into the team and become a core contributor to both the core protocol (Polymer) and IBC as well.
- The ability to independently execute on a project given a loosely defined scope and roadmap
- Pre-existing experience on how to build high scale systems and experience with building sophisticated application services
- Ability to manage time and focus on the critical path of a project
- Experience with Go or C++, Java, C#, Rust
- Experience developing and or operating distributed systems at scale
- Experience with Linux and open source communities
About the team
The engineering team is a diverse group of people with backgrounds working at a variety of both web2 and web3 organizations like Google, Uber, Chronosphere, Arista Networks, Arbitrum and Bancor etc. Polymer Labs is a software development shop supporting the Polymer protocol and IBC (https://ibcprotocol.org/).
Health insurance coverage
Polymer Labs is an equal opportunity employer. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't line up exactly with the job description.
Something looks off?