Senior Distributed Systems Engineer (web3)
About the role
You will be a key early hire joining our core blockchain engineering team. You will apply your experience in web2 on both OSS work around IBC (https://ibcprotocol.org/) and the core Polymer protocol. *Web3 and blockchain experience is explicitly not required. *
- You will work on solving complex distributed systems and consensus problems at scale
- Work on the core blockchain messaging layer, distributed key management and multi-chain observer infrastructure
- You will help to make our infrastructure and validator node architecture scale to meet the messaging needs of the crypto protocols using our platform
- Use Go and cosmos SDK to build highly scalable and reliable distributed BFT systems
- Define and refine validator node operation using containerization and orchestration systems like Docker and Kubernetes
- You will work on large scale simulation testing and use results for performance optimization of things like the threshold cryptography implementations used internally
- Operate large-scale validator node clusters
What you will achieve
In the first month, you will build a deep understanding of Polymer Lab’s core protocol and begin contributing to the product. You will have time to learn about the space, our customer’s needs, and the underlying technology.
Within 3 months, you will be fully integrated into the team and become a core contributor to the core protocol (polymerase) and a foundational member of the infrastructure team.
- The ability to independently own projects from inception to delivery (i.e. plan and gather requirements, collaborate with other team members)
- Pre-existing experience on how to build high scale systems and experience with building sophisticated application services
- A passion for growing and up-leveling your peers, and have pre-existing mentoring experience and a nuanced view around how to help junior engineers grow
- Ability to manage time and focus on the critical path of a project
- Experience with Go or C++, Java, C#, Rust
- Experience developing and or operating distributed systems at scale
- Experience with monitoring and alerting
- Experience with Linux and open source communities
About the team
The engineering team is a diverse group of people with backgrounds working at a variety of both web2 and web3 organizations like Google, Uber, Chronosphere, Arista Networks, Arbitrum and Bancor etc. Polymer Labs is a software development shop supporting the Polymer protocol and IBC (https://ibcprotocol.org/).
Health insurance coverage
Polymer Labs is an equal opportunity employer. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't line up exactly with the job description.
Something looks off?