Product Owner, India
The Product Owner (PO) is responsible for the initial and ongoing development of Powerledger Product(s) in order to maximise their value and achieve Powerledger’s strategic goals.
- Lead product development: both in terms of day-to-day people management as well as setting the product strategy and growth plans in line with the overall company goals and needs: Make awesome software products that the market needs and wants in the most efficient way.
- Apply advanced management skills to lead the team not only in their product but also in other workflows.
- Document, implement and own the Product Development processes for the assigned products.
- Organise, and manage tasks and resources, including outsourcing partners to develop cutting-edge product software that the market wants and needs within the allocated time and budget.
- Support implementation of the Total Quality Management process for the assigned product.
- Constantly analyse and reduce the technical debt of the assigned product.
- Coordinate with other departments to obtain feedback on products to meet market and project requirements and support the Head of Business Development in the management of key accounts and thought leadership related to your product.
- Create a conducive work atmosphere to motivate staff to be super productive, develop capabilities of the product team members to deliver on the company’s roadmap and provide career development opportunities for staff.
- Cohesive interactions and coordination between other Product Owners and the Development team to ensure maximising synergies and increasing work efficiency.
- Teamwork with departments and work in alignment with the SLT to identify state-of-the-art technologies for portfolio expansion and product development.
- Coordinate regularly with Operations on PoC / trials / commercial delivery progress to identify defects/deficiencies in the products in order to set the requirements for further releases and upgrades.
- Bring out products that fit regional and global markets and ensure customisation efforts do not exceed 25% of product off-the-shelf features.
- Stay abreast of market trends in technology contribute to SLT and strategic processes and drive the business.
- Representation of the company, during external interactions, talks, seminars etc.
Specific Measures of Success – Expected Outcomes
- Effectively manage direct reports and the PO’s own targets, to consistently achieve greater than 80% of their KPIs and priorities each quarter.
- Integration of the Products with blockchain and creation of market differentiators based on blockchain.
- Support the QA activity in the organisation, from Requirement, gathering all the way to Product Delivery.
- Requirements documented in TRS or Confluence and its regular update.
- Scrum/Agile processes (reduction in non-agile/scrum process meetings/events) based on Scrum principles.
- Product development for each quarter is within 90% of the allocated budget.
- Continuous evaluation of the technical debt and improvement of the product. Prioritise cards for removing tech debt each quarter.
4 years + as a PO or similar role