Senior Software Engineer, DevOps
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Developer Operations (DevOps) at Ripple is responsible for communication, collaboration and integration between the Development and Operations teams so infrastructures, tools and processes are streamlined and effective for faster and automated delivery of products.
The Senior Software Engineer, DevOps will contribute in discovery, design and implementation of solutions to improve infrastructure and release pipelines. These solutions will include developer infrastructure, capacity & load testing, CI/CD infrastructure and release process automation. You will push the boundaries with new tools and technologies and use a data-driven approach for achieving desired results. Candidates should enjoy working openly and collaboratively with a diverse team and possess an ability to encourage and drive engineering best practices.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop, deploy, and maintain Ripple’s multi-region, multi-provider service platforms.
- Contribute design and development of tools for automation, monitoring, and instrumentation to reduce operational friction and increase engineering efficiency
- Lead discovery of next generation solutions and work with wider engineering teams on implementation, adoption and continuous improvements
- Create and automate new and existing platform and application lifecycle services, leveraging data to converge on declared states with minimal human interaction
- Collaborate with product engineering to ensure code is production-ready
- Participate in the adoption of DevOps-first principles within the organization
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as DevOps or related roles.
- Strong experience in either Python, Go, or Java
- Experience working with large scale, multi-region service platforms
- Expertise in Kubernetes and experience working with cloud infrastructure, particularly AWS.
- Experience with container schedulers and runtimes such as Docker, Rkt, or OCI running on Kubernetes, Rancher, or Mesos
- Experience building deployment pipelines leveraging common CI/CD tools
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, etc)
- Security awareness, with an emphasis on designing for security best practices
- Experience with Agile development of distributed services, with a focus on robust software design, scalability and security
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.