Financial Risk Analyst
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
As a member of Ripple’s Financial Risk team, you’ll play a critical role in identifying, quantifying, and mitigating the financial risks present across Ripple’s business lines. You’ll work cross-functionally with many Ripple teams including Sales, Business Development, Trading and Markets, Legal, Product, Engineering, and Finance to simultaneously enable growth and manage Risk. This role will serve as the primary point of contact for managing risk and related communications.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Credit Risk Management:
- Work closely with commercial teams to assess risk, implement processes, and drive education.
- Conduct credit underwriting & financial statement analysis to gauge counterparty financial health and make business recommendations accordingly.
- Assist in building and implementing credit risk models and analytical tools in-line with local standards to meet financial and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Analyze and monitor Ripple’s existing and evolving customer portfolio including setting credit exposure limits, allocation, concentration, pricing, terms, stress testing, etc.
- Assist in developing and refining Credit policies and procedures.
- Market Risk Management:
- Partner with the Trading and Markets team to review, reconcile, and report on Ripple’s trading activity.
- Assist in building and implementing the necessary reporting tools to quantify and display Ripple’s exposure to both fiat and digital currencies.
- Participate in periodic enterprise-wide risk assessments.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Minimum 2 years of experience (master’s degree with minimum 1 year) in financial markets, credit risk management, trading, or related financial services roles
- Experience with data query (SQL), analysis (R or Python), and visualization tools (i.e., Tableau) a plus
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis
- Working experience in Credit Risk and lending especially with Moody’s credit risk products is a plus.
- Commercial mindset, supporting teams in making paired risk/return based decision.
- Proven ability to understand complex products and work with business teams to implement them.
- Strong relationship-building skills and willingness to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Passionate about financial risk management
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.