Senior Network Engineer
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
IT at Ripple goes beyond just keeping the lights on - we enable and empower Ripplers around the world to work as productively as possible. As a Senior Network Engineer specializing in infrastructure, you will contribute to our corporate infrastructure portfolio, from the in-office computer networks to our cloud VPN and virtualization systems. You will partner with Engineering, Information Security, and the rest of the IT team to keep Ripple’s IT infrastructure always accessible and secure globally.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Own, manage, and monitor Ripple’s corporate IT infrastructure, including physical and cloud data networks, VPN, AWS, virtualization, LDAP, etc.
- Act as subject matter expert on all things IT infrastructure
- Help build, scale and maintain monitoring and alerting tools
- Partner with the Information Security team to ensure IT infrastructure supports and complies with security policies and best practices, including proactive and timely application of security updates
- Optimize existing infrastructure to maximum efficiency and minimize downtime
- Train and mentor other IT team members on proper infrastructure troubleshooting and escalation procedures
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call schedule
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 5+ years of corporate IT network and infrastructure engineering experience
- Strong knowledge in all aspects of computer networks
- Strong knowledge of Palo Alto Networks (PANW) routers and firewalls
- Experience with PANW GlobalProtect and Prisma Access
- Experience designing and optimizing corporate wi-fi networks
- Experience with Juniper Networks, Juniper Mist
- Experience with virtualization and containerization - AWS, Docker, VirtualBox, etc.
- Experience with LDAP, keystores, security certificates, user and password management
- Proven ability to successfully and efficiently monitor systems with tools like SumoLogic
- Proven scripting skills - Python, Ruby, golang, etc.
- Ability to independently run a project from inception to execution
- Clear communicator
Other common names for this role:
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.