Senior Director, Treasury
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
We’re seeking a Senior Director of Treasury to join our Finance team as the owner of all crypto and traditional treasury strategy and operations. As the Senior Director of Treasury, you will lead a growing global team and will have primary responsibility for efficient treasury operations in the following primary areas: bank and financial institution relationship management worldwide, overseeing all aspects of the company’s treasury functions, including but not limited to cash/crypto management, liquidity, risk management, and financial investments. You will play a pivotal role in shaping the Company’s financial strategy and ensuring our treasury operations are efficient and aligned with the overall business objectives. The position will report to the VP, Global Controller, and will be based out of our New York office.
This role requires the creativity and flexibility to excel in a non-traditional treasury environment. To be successful in this role, you will need to be highly organized, be able to select effective strategies, be prepared to scale, and be hands-on in executing the vision.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage relationships with existing and new banks and non-traditional financial institutions, including supporting treasury needs for both corporate operations and network growth
- Partner closely with our product, engineering, operations, and compliance teams to strategically build out the global payments network and advise on operational considerations
- Partner with our finance engineering team to assess and implement treasury systems and infrastructure to allow our treasury operations to scale globally
- Develop and implement treasury strategies to optimize the company’s liquidity, funding and investment activities. Partner closely with our markets and trading team to implement efficient funding and settlement operations.
- Monitor and manage the Company’s cash and crypto positions, including forecasting cash and crypto flows, optimizing cash balances, and executing cash/crypto management strategies to meet operational requirements
- Manage weekly and monthly reporting of global cash and crypto positioning and other relevant treasury KPIs to the Senior Management team
- Partner closely with our Risk function to identify, assess, and manage financial risks, including foreign exchange, interest rate, and counterparty credit risks. Develop and implement mitigating risk management policies, procedures, and controls
- Develop investment strategies and guidelines for managing the Company’s excess cash and short-term investments. Evaluate and execute investment opportunities, including money market instruments, fixed-income securities, and other financial assets, as the corporate investment policies allow.
- Manage relationships, reporting, and valuation processes for non-traditional and private company investments
- Partner closely with our InfoSec teams to develop, implement, and maintain security policies and protocols over our crypto holdings
- Prepare and present regular reports on treasury activities and KPIs, financial performance, and risk exposures to Senior Management and the Board of Directors
- Lead and develop a high-performing global treasury team, providing guidance, mentorship, and coaching to team members
- Foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement within the treasury function
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 12+ years in treasury, cash management, or corporate finance, with at least five years in a leadership role
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or a related field. MBA or CFA designations a plus
- A candidate with a strong global and regional banking network
- We are a crypto company looking to build breakthrough crypto solutions. A general interest and understanding of the crypto industry will be key to success
- Deep understanding of financial markets, banking products, and investment instruments
- Demonstrated experience with the selection and effective implementation of treasury management systems with the proven ability to scale operations at a growing global technology or payments company
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and influence at the Senior Leadership level
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to evaluate complex financial data and make strategic recommendations
- Strong work ethic and ability to be productive and successful in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to identify issues and propose solutions to complex or non-standard situation
- Crypto-currency or non-traditional asset custody exposure
- Experience at a payments company or in a banking environment
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: in-office collaboration for moments that matter is important to our culture, and we give managers and teams the flexibility to decide which days they come in.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Custody roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.