Scala Developer (Enterprise Blockchain)
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our core Engineering team in Switzerland.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build scalable and distributed applications in Scala for the backend of Harmonize
- Write functional Scala using mostly ZIO library
- Work with sophisticated technologies where solutions are to be built—expect challenges
- Engage different teams, including software architects and partners, frontend and backend developers, product owners and designers
- Analyze different blockchains protocols and understand their specificities
- Apply the latest cryptographic primitives in the context of blockchains and secure components
- Coordinate synchronous and asynchronous communication driven by blockchains events
- Work with an heavily tested code base
- Actively participate in code reviews to ensure the quality of your code and team
- Collaborate with support, QA, and operations teams
- Work partly in remote
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Knowledge of computer science principles and practical software engineering experience
- 4+ years of work with Scala frameworks and libraries such as ZIO, Tapir, Cats, Akka, Doobie, http4s
- 2+ years of building distributed, asynchronous, and event-driven systems
- Strong understanding of SQL, ideally PostgreSQL
- Strong debugging skills, especially in a cloud environment
- Nice to have knowledge of:
- gRPC and Protobuf
- Blockchain technology
- Bytes manipulation
Other common names for this role: Software Engineer, Senior Developer, Scala Architect, Backend Engineer, Distributed Systems Engineer, Functional Programmer, Functional Software Developer, Scala Engineer
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: in-office collaboration for moments that matter is important to our culture, and we give managers and teams the flexibility to decide which days they come in.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Custody roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.