Senior Test Automation Engineer
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
We are seeking a Senior Test Automation Engineer with strong test design skills and experience working closely with senior developers and Product Owners. The ideal candidate will have expertise in both UI testing and API testing, along with an ISTQB certification or equivalent.
The candidate will build and execute test scenarios against the REST API and web application UI, providing end-to-end evaluation of the product to ensure its quality. This person also be conducting technical research to help in preparing test scenarios.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Analyze user stories, assess testability, and design effective test scenarios
- Analyze new technical feature such as blockchain integrations in order to prepare test scenarios and test cases
- Work closely with Product Owners and developers to understand requirements and ensure test coverage
- Perform UI testing of the web application to validate the user interface and user experience
- Perform API testing of REST APIs using tools like Postman or Insomnia
- Develop and execute end-to-end test scenarios to evaluate the product's functionality and performance
- Collaborate with the development team to identify, prioritize, and track defects
- Continuously improve testing processes, tools, and methodologies
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- demonstrated ability in test automation engineering (quality assurance engineering) with a focus on UI and API testing
- Excellent technical knowledge of modern application concepts such as REST APIs, microservices, SaaS, and CI/CD
- Excellent knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Expertise in test design and analyzing user stories for testability
- Ability to partner effectively with UX designers and Product Owners
- UI testing skills including expertise with testing tools and methodologies (Agile)
- API testing skills with experience using tools such as Postman, Insomnia, or similar
- ISTQB certification (or similar)
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
By joining our team, you will play a crucial role ensuring the highest quality standards for our product and providing an exceptional user experience for our clients.
Other common names for this role: SDET, Software Developer in Test, Quality Engineer, QA Automation Engineer, Test Engineer, Developpeur
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: in-office collaboration for moments that matter is important to our culture, and we give managers and teams the flexibility to decide which days they come in.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Custody roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.