Associate Counsel - Fund Attorney
Securitize is a global fintech, Top 50 blockchain company, with a mission to provide investors with access to invest in and trade alternative assets, and for companies to raise capital and offer shareholder's liquidity. Securitize has pioneered a fully digital, regulatory compliant, end-to-end platform for issuing, managing, and trading digital asset securities (also known as security tokens), with 200+ business clients and 400,000+ investors already connected, and nearly $500 million in current-value digital asset securities issued on the Securitize platform.
We are a well-funded, global team made up of top blockchain and financial industry talent based around the world, based in Tel Aviv, Buenos Aires, Tokyo, New York, and San Francisco. We’re backed by leading financial institutions and blockchain investors, including Morgan Stanley, Blockchain Capital, MUFG, Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Sony Finance, Banco Santander, and Coinbase.
Securitize is in search of an experienced Fund Attorney to become a key member of our legal team. This role is multi-faceted, covering expertise in financial markets, asset management, and fund formation. The candidate will focus on regulatory compliance across all jurisdictions where Securitize operates, as well as oversee all products and relevant areas of law. Your contributions are essential in maintaining the organization's commitment to the highest standards of legal and business conduct.
- Work with internal and external counsel to assist in the completion of legal documentation for alternative investments as well as assist with overall fund operations and process documentation.
- Management of all investment-related documentation, such as purchase and sale agreements, fund agreements, and internal agreements, including coordinating signature pages and compiling executed PDFs.
- Assist with investment-level level diligence and documentation.
- Advise on regulatory requirements and compliance matters pertinent to asset management, including SEC and FINRA regulations.
- Provide ongoing legal advice to business teams on fund management strategies, marketing, and investor relations.
- Support the General Counsel in other matters as required, including corporate governance and other legal projects.
- Commercial agreements: draft and negotiate agreements in relation to our services (transfer agent, ATS, private placement agent), and other agreements between entities.
- Corporate structuring: Work closely with GC/CFO to build our corporate structure across multiple entities and jurisdictions; the structure must be efficient and practical for various business units and designed to mitigate various business risks.
- JD from an accredited law school.
- Minimum 5 years of legal experience in asset management, preferably in a fintech setting.
- Ideally with 3-12 years of experience in all aspects of the formation and operation of private equity, private credit, real estate, infrastructure, and similar private funds.
- Knowledge of and experience with private investment funds is a must.
- Experience managing execution and closing processes and documentation for complex private alternative funds and investments including purchase and sales agreements, fund agreements, and other ancillary documentation.
- Must be detail-oriented and comfortable working with and organizing a high level of documents.
- In-depth understanding of asset management and fund formation legal frameworks, regulations, and compliance.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.