Director of Finance
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, April 8, 2023
Crypto has had tremendous growth over the last several years. That growth comes with inevitable regulation. Regulation, in our view, is a good thing because once the industry passes through this phase, then crypto can access the rest of the world.
We believe it’s going to be the companies that enable this transition from the pre-regulation to post-regulation industry and the companies that can properly navigate it, or better yet, be the ones that facilitate it - those are the most relevant companies in this next wave. Toku will be one of those companies.
Toku’s products enable crypto-native companies to compliantly compensate their teams in both fiat and tokens in over 100 teams globally. Toku’s growing list of customers includes Aragon, Astar, dYdX, Filecoin Foundation, Gitcoin, Gnosis, Hedera Hashgraph, Mina, Protocol Labs, Teller, Safe, Storyverse, and others.
Paying people with tokens is such an obvious first real-world use case of any token. It doesn’t matter what the token does. All tokens can be used to compensate workers. And in fact, are! Toku ensures that all the worker compensation that all those tokens need to do can be done legally, and proper taxes paid is a critical part of the transition to a post-regulation crypto industry.
Toku raised $20 million from a consortium led by Blockchain Capital with Protocol Labs, GMJP, OrangeDAO, Orrick, Reverie, Quantstamp, Next Web Capital, and prominent angel investors including Protocol Labs founder Juan Benet and Alchemy co-founders Nikil Viswanathan and Joe Lau. Read more about Toku in Fortune, Yahoo Finance, and CoinDesk.
To learn more, check our website.
About the role
Toku is looking for an experienced Finance manager to lead the growth and development of our complex global financial infrastructure. The Director of Finance will report directly to the CEO.
The Director of Finance will be accountable for growing and leading the finance & accounting function to support the growth of the business, inclusive of managing the FP&A and Accounting teams.
You will be managing all of our finance functions. You’ll be responsible for developing metrics and KPIs to monitor and optimize Toku’s global strategy; the ongoing development and monitoring of financial controls designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results; the management of the accounting function, managing accounting, tax, and treasury functions; and the financial and risk management operations of the business.
The ideal candidate will ensure strong financial operational effectiveness, have demonstrated organizational leadership capabilities, a passion for driving business program impact through operational excellence and rigor, and experience navigating complex global requirements and regulatory constraints, with a collaborative and positive attitude.
- Manage and grow the existing Accounting and FP&A team, which includes recruiting, onboarding and retaining top performers on the team.
- Directs the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, annual budgets, and governmental agency reports. You will drive and manage all FP&A and Accounting functions acting as the key financial decision-maker for the company.
- Define and implements key performance indicators and strategic objectives for the finance team and, as appropriate, the entire organization; facilitates measurement of those objectives, reporting results to the executive team.
- Develop dashboards to track key performance metrics and monitor business performance. Provide management with insights into drivers of revenue and expenses, as well as risks and opportunities.
- Works with the CEO and other executives to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the financial planning process, including fundraising.
- Identify and guide cross-functional initiatives to improve processes, systems, and automation to help the business scale
- BS, MS, PhD, CPA, JD, MBA degrees
- 8+ years of experience in financial management required
- Late-stage global startup or public company experience
- Extensive experience in leading and developing finance functions and teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles and concepts
- Deep understanding of SEC/IRS regulations, as well as filing requirements
- Passionate entrepreneur with strong business instincts, ability to identify attractive growth opportunities
Benefits and Compensation
- Remote anywhere in the world;
- Remote-first work culture;
- Flexible working hours;
- Ultra competitive salary;
- Apple laptop.
Toku is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of background, thought, and experience. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, LGBTQ+, and people from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please use Rezi.ai to create a good resume before applying.