Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Crypto has had tremendous growth over the last several years. That growth comes with inevitable regulation. Regulation, in our view, is a good thing because once the industry passes through this phase, then crypto can access the rest of the world.
We believe it’s going to be the companies that enable this transition from the pre-regulation to post-regulation industry and the companies that can properly navigate it, or better yet, be the ones that facilitate it - those are the most relevant companies in this next wave. Toku will be one of those companies.
Toku’s products enable crypto-native companies to compliantly compensate their teams in both fiat and tokens in over 100 teams globally. Toku’s growing list of customers includes Aragon, Astar, dYdX, Filecoin Foundation, Gitcoin, Gnosis, Hedera Hashgraph, Mina, Protocol Labs, Teller, Safe, Storyverse, and others.
Paying people with tokens is such an obvious first real-world use case of any token. It doesn’t matter what the token does. All tokens can be used to compensate workers. And in fact, are! Toku ensures that all the worker compensation that all those tokens need to do can be done legally, and proper taxes paid is a critical part of the transition to a post-regulation crypto industry.
Toku raised $20 million from a consortium led by Blockchain Capital with Protocol Labs, GMJP, OrangeDAO, Orrick, Reverie, Quantstamp, Next Web Capital, and prominent angel investors including Protocol Labs founder Juan Benet and Alchemy co-founders Nikil Viswanathan and Joe Lau. Read more about Toku in Fortune, Yahoo Finance, and CoinDesk.
To learn more, check our website.
About the Role
As one of the first product managers at Toku, you'll work closely with the founders to drive the product roadmap and execution for core products. You'll work cross-functionally with the engineering, finance, operations, and sales teams to execute the roadmap.
We expect this person to be hands-on and have a hustler mentality, getting things done.
- Organize, manage, and deliver on shipping fast
- Work closely with the engineering team, make sure to execute on deadlines alongside them
- Be aligned with the founders on executing the roadmap
- Over-communicate to build alignment and stakeholders internally
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of experience working on consumer-facing products
- Experience working with startups
- Experience owning and driving a product roadmap
- Ability to communicate and commit to timelines for seamless product delivery
- Demonstrable experience launching a product and leading a cross-functional team from conceptualization to commercialization
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Interest in and focus on building innovative tools
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working with teams and ideas in a fully async work environment and culture
- Relentless execution ethic and lots of energy
- Self-starter who is prepared to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
Nice to Have
- Experienced with tax and payroll
- Reputation for integrity, dedicated work ethic, and desire for ownership & accountability
- Have experience showing compelling demos and able to have technical conversations with prospective customers
Benefits and Compensation
- Remote-first work culture
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Competitive equity
- Apple laptop
Toku is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of background, thought, and experience. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, LGBTQ+, and people from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please use Rezi.ai to create a good resume before applying.